PDA

View Full Version : Bed Edger and sprinklers

Drew Gemma
04-23-2007, 10:27 PM
have a job comming up that requires bed edging and they have sprinklers. Never had to edge one with sprinklers. they are going to have them mark the heads. But what about lines what is the depth. Plus the commpany that did this terrilbe install does half arse work. I just don't want to kit a line with my bed shaper.

PerfectEarth
04-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Any PVC should be out of the way- if they at least did a decent job with installing that.... The poly-tube is what you have to worry about. Some of that may arc up to almost grade! There's no way to tell where that may be. I'd be very careful if you want to avoid problems. Maybe mark the heads and hand-dig those edges that are near heads.

Sydenstricker Landscaping
04-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Sprinklers usually are about 8-10 inches down, generally below the initial frost line. Maybe after the heads are marked, do some carful digging with a spade or small shovel around the heads and actually see how deep they really are. If you are really concerned, edge with the shaper to a certain point, then spade edge the rest. That way you will have less of a chance of whacking a line in half