PDA

View Full Version : Illuminating a putting green

seolatlanta
04-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I have been hired for an installation which has a huge backyard including a decent sized putting green in the middle. Normally I like to downlight onto them but there is nothing to downlight from here.

It is going to be completely surrounded by deck and concrete, but I can run sleeves anywhere I want as the ground is still uncovered for now.

Anybody had a similar situation - I have some ideas but any others will be appreciated.

dave

klkanders
04-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Dave,
Will the green have any type of curb or stop around it to conceal a type of rope or similar lighting? Is the deck high enough to downlight from? Then of course gotta have the lighted cup to finish it off. :) What are your ideas?

seolatlanta
04-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Thats interesting that you mention the rope light because I mentioned something like that to the contractor and he shot it down.

Right now my ideas are to use an MR-16 downlight off the back of the house with a diffuser lens- this is not the ideal spot for a downlight because I am concerned that the angle I will have to aim the fixture could cause major glare problems.

Also I was going to mount some path lights to the back edge of the green .One end of it is built up and I was thinking side mount some fixtures to that. I will run all of this through a switch as well. I am sure as the project begins to come together I will see more ideas take shape.

Where do I get the lighted cups?

NiteTymeIlluminations
04-24-2007, 11:37 AM
do a search online for lighted cup holders for boats...they are little round rings that fit in cup holders to make your adult beverage glow at night.

steveparrott
04-24-2007, 01:40 PM
I've seen the CAST CBAL1CB used for this purpose (it's an MR16 bullet on a 2 ft. stem). Here's a pic with two of them and a china hat pathlight for the entrance.

NightScenes
04-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I think Focus even has some fixtures that they use for this purpose. I don't have the catalog with me but I will look at it.

Pro-Scapes
04-25-2007, 08:51 AM
focus does have some listings just for putting greens. AJ has them dave.

My catalogs out in the truck buried under a bunch of stuff but I do remember seeing them.

I think all pro also has the lighted cups as well but the wire needs to be layed in the compacted base before the green goes down.