PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner Assoc.

kutnkru
08-04-2001, 11:17 AM
I did not find what I was looking for in the archives of Plowsite. Could have been I wasnt looking in the right spot either. :rolleyes:

Im also asking my question here because some of the Lawn Caretakers who sub-out their plowing may know the answer to my question. :)

Where would I find information about State re-imbursement to homeowners for snow/de-icing services related to Homeowner Assoc.???

Thank you for any assistance you may have.

Kris

MJ
08-04-2001, 04:17 PM
Maybe a deductible expense on your (federal) income taxes?

thelawnguy
08-04-2001, 10:54 PM
Must be a New York thing.

Around here, either the town plows it, or you make your own arrangements. No in-between.

kutnkru
08-05-2001, 09:09 PM
This is the quote from their website that first made me wonder if it was possible to use this as a marketing technique when bidding this fall:

We also plow and salt in residential developments for Homeowner's Associations. In fact, some of our Homeowner Association clients are eligible for state reimbursement of up to 75% of snowplowing expenses.

It was under thier Snow and Ice Services - Here is the site: http://www.carverslandscape.com/

thelawnguy
08-06-2001, 03:14 PM
Go to the site, and email the co passing yourself off as a HO and find out what they mean.

kutnkru
08-06-2001, 04:00 PM
I sent Rick an E-Mail **late** last night, and here was his response early this am:

Kris
In DE. all incorporated civic ass. that have snow plowing services are entitled to have up to 75% of the cost for the service repaid to them by the state and/or county. After traveling across the country teaching Compass System to Landscape Contractors I have found that a couple of other Govt. agencies also offer some kind of rebate. I guess it would be best for you to check with your state and county govt. Hope this helps.
Rick CarverCarver's Lawn & Landscape, Inc.
New Castle, DE
scapes1@aol.com
www.CarversLandscape.com
www.CompassSystem.com
"Everything Your Landscape Company Should Be"
15th Anniversary (1986 - 2001)

Thanks to all who replied to my question. :D
Kris