PDA

View Full Version : Necrotic Ring Spot

jason u
04-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Looking for a little advice, I have never heard of this before in the Edmonton area, therefore I don't know how to treat it.

Is there some type of chemical application that can be applied, or is it best controlled by proper cultural practices?

Thanks for your help..

RigglePLC
04-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Chemical control seems too expensive and not reliable in my mind.

I suggest--over seed just the spots with a top quality ryegrass, plus a fungus resistant bluegrass. You can also cut out the diseased spot and patch it with a new piece of sod.

Nathan Robinson
04-24-2007, 05:22 PM
you could use T-Storm 50 WSB. Its cheap and cures and prevents that. active ingredient is (THIOHANATE METHYL). I would NOT use rye. It germinates in like 2 seconds but is garbage. They should take that seed off the market and ban it! I would take that last piece of advise and cut it out and use sod. I just wanted to let you know what chemical to use since that was your question. Nathan

Grassmechanic
04-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Heritage (azoxystrobin), Eagle (myclobutanil), or Banner (propiconazole) are better fungicides to use to control NRS.

jason u
04-25-2007, 02:09 PM
thanks for the advice

lawn king
04-27-2007, 07:42 PM
I have had great results on nrs with rubigan, it will cost you some big money, but it woks well !

Shades of Green LService
04-27-2007, 10:27 PM
you could use T-Storm 50 WSB. Its cheap and cures and prevents that. active ingredient is (THIOHANATE METHYL). I would NOT use rye. It germinates in like 2 seconds but is garbage. They should take that seed off the market and ban it! I would take that last piece of advise and cut it out and use sod. I just wanted to let you know what chemical to use since that was your question. Nathan

I think you need to relax. Riggs was just giving his opinion. One which i happen to agree with. chill man!