PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference??

Paul Andrews
08-04-2001, 05:15 PM
Are Bobcat-Ransomes walk-behinds the same mower as a Bunton walk-behind??. I know they are both owned by Textron and that they are similar but are they like a Chevy and GMC Truck where they just have different names?

I own a 48 Bobcat but have not had the chance to park it right next to a Bunton and compare. I am looking to buy a Bunton soon and I am beginning to wonder if I should just Buy a Bobcat if they are cheaper in price. Have any of you guys had experience with either of these? Are Bobcats cheaper versions of Buntons? Please let me know what you know , Thanks

lawnboy82
08-04-2001, 05:32 PM
well. for anybody on here who has used both. they will tell you this. they are two completely different machines. the buntons are longer when you are walking behind them. the bobcat is a smaller machine. buntons- the old ones if you can find em buy em. those things are great, light weight, and dont break down much. the only bobcats i have ever used were not very mechanically sound. and are heavier than the buntons. most guys on here will tell you to get either a scag or an exmark. cause buntons now are not all that great, neither are the bobcats.

thelawnguy
08-04-2001, 10:55 PM
John Deere owns Textron and I wouldnt say they are the same machine as Bob's crap, bunton, etc..

Runner
08-04-2001, 11:24 PM
John Deere owns Textron??? I didn't know that! Since when? Is this just recent? I mean, I am like, WoW! I never heard anything about this!:)

mowerconsultant
08-04-2001, 11:27 PM
John Deere does not own Textron !!!!
Never has and never will.
Textron (the parent company) is way larger than John Deere will ever be.
Here is a link to a web page that lists the companies that Textron owns.
http://www.textron.com/businesses/all_companies.html

Runner
08-04-2001, 11:58 PM
Thank you. I think much of this contraversy (as it was mentioned before, I believe) stems from the old Bunton/JD thing back when JD used to use Bunton for their walk behinds. (early 80's). Also, how do you spell contraversy, because that just doesn't look right! :D

thelawnguy
08-05-2001, 12:05 AM
Oops my mistake. I guess its from the Homelite/Textron to Homelite/JD connection.:blush: