View Full Version : Echo Shred N Vac

08-04-2001, 08:21 PM
I saw an Echo Shred N Vac today. It seems like it would be a good investment for cleaning up flower beds in the spring and fall and for mulching leaves and other debris once its blown into a pile. Does anyone have any opinions on this piece of equipment. Beyond Echo is there any other brand?

08-04-2001, 08:27 PM
Their pretty good,
HomeR loves his!

Right Homie?

08-04-2001, 08:55 PM
Hey Joe,
Pretty much useless for fall clean-ups. Much faster to blow out the beds with a backpack. With the amount of leaves we get around here they're totally useless for vacuuming piles of leaves. We use one for touch-ups, at the bottom of steps, window wells, or for hedge clippings. Invest in a good backpack & tarp for fall & spring clean-ups.

08-04-2001, 09:57 PM
The shred n vac is worth it for the small amount of money they cost. They are good to use ,as Calvin said as a finish tool. I use one to get clippings from shrubs and some leaf work etc.

08-05-2001, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. So it seems like it would be a good tools for cleaning nooks and crannies. Would it work well with pine needles in beds? What about shredding leaves once they're blown into a pile? Or would it be better to go with one of those huge lawn vaccuums?

08-05-2001, 03:55 PM
It may work okay for the small stuff, depending on what your sucking up, but if your planning on sucking up a pile of leaves you made from the whole yard, your better off with a truck mounted vac. It will be 100 times faster or more (not exagerating) Go check out a 14 or 16HP model at your dealer.

"Don't break your back - leave it to Giant-Vac" :) or something lke that, don't remember exactly.

Hope this helps!

08-05-2001, 04:21 PM
Joed I use one to suck out the cracks along walkways when there is excessive grass clippings along the edges. I also use it for some other small things, but as far as pine needles and bulk leaves it is very slow and tends to want to clog up.

08-05-2001, 08:39 PM
I have one that I used to use. It was allright, but I recommend using a good blower around the bushes to blow debri out and then a cage on your walkbehind to pick everything up- much faster.

08-06-2001, 01:38 AM
for about 200.00 its not a bad investment just watch for mulch it will stop your engine usually. i was surprised i did some sidewalk edging and it picked up 90% of my edging debris.

08-06-2001, 04:05 AM
i guess homer doesn't love his!