PDA

View Full Version : Echo Shred N Vac

joed
08-04-2001, 07:21 PM
I saw an Echo Shred N Vac today. It seems like it would be a good investment for cleaning up flower beds in the spring and fall and for mulching leaves and other debris once its blown into a pile. Does anyone have any opinions on this piece of equipment. Beyond Echo is there any other brand?

vipermanz
08-04-2001, 07:27 PM
Their pretty good,
HomeR loves his!

Right Homie?

Calvin
08-04-2001, 07:55 PM
Hey Joe,
Pretty much useless for fall clean-ups. Much faster to blow out the beds with a backpack. With the amount of leaves we get around here they're totally useless for vacuuming piles of leaves. We use one for touch-ups, at the bottom of steps, window wells, or for hedge clippings. Invest in a good backpack & tarp for fall & spring clean-ups.

eggy
08-04-2001, 08:57 PM
The shred n vac is worth it for the small amount of money they cost. They are good to use ,as Calvin said as a finish tool. I use one to get clippings from shrubs and some leaf work etc.

joed
08-05-2001, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. So it seems like it would be a good tools for cleaning nooks and crannies. Would it work well with pine needles in beds? What about shredding leaves once they're blown into a pile? Or would it be better to go with one of those huge lawn vaccuums?

Guido
08-05-2001, 02:55 PM
It may work okay for the small stuff, depending on what your sucking up, but if your planning on sucking up a pile of leaves you made from the whole yard, your better off with a truck mounted vac. It will be 100 times faster or more (not exagerating) Go check out a 14 or 16HP model at your dealer.

"Don't break your back - leave it to Giant-Vac" :) or something lke that, don't remember exactly.

http://www.giant-vac.com/literature/70500.html

Hope this helps!

script
08-05-2001, 03:21 PM
Joed I use one to suck out the cracks along walkways when there is excessive grass clippings along the edges. I also use it for some other small things, but as far as pine needles and bulk leaves it is very slow and tends to want to clog up.

bobby

tralfaz
08-05-2001, 07:39 PM
I have one that I used to use. It was allright, but I recommend using a good blower around the bushes to blow debri out and then a cage on your walkbehind to pick everything up- much faster.

fivestarlawnken
08-06-2001, 12:38 AM
for about 200.00 its not a bad investment just watch for mulch it will stop your engine usually. i was surprised i did some sidewalk edging and it picked up 90% of my edging debris.

vipermanz
08-06-2001, 03:05 AM
i guess homer doesn't love his!