PDA

View Full Version : Toro 21" Rear Bagger 'Key-Lectric'

rdarnell
04-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm working on a customer's 21" Toro 'Key-Lectric' Rear Bagging mower with a 3 speed transmission. There's a bare spot on the right rear portion of the mower's frame where I guess the data label would be if it had one. Beyond that, I have no idea what model number, serial number or even in what year this mower was manufactured. In terms of controls, it has a seperate throttle and transmission speed selector (slow, medium and fast). The other two controls, self-propel activation/de-activation and blade engage/disengage cables, are contained in a 'control box' located on the left hand side of the handle.

I believe I have fixed the customer's complaint (motor runs but the blade won't engage), but when I removed the control box from the handle to inspect it, the box just fell apart and now I'm attempting to reassemble the box with no technical data to go on. If I had a illustration, I'd have this bad boy back together in a matter of minutes.

If anyone has any ideas, I would certainly be grateful!!! Thanks in advance for your help.

Restrorob
04-24-2007, 06:30 PM
It will be near impossible to find that break-down without a model number unless someone chimes in with one as you described and post their model number.

Here is the site if you want to gander around and try your luck !

Click on View Model List;

https://lookup2.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Bill Kapaun
04-24-2007, 07:36 PM
You should be able to get an approximate year from the engine code.

lawnboy dan
04-24-2007, 08:43 PM
is it bbc? if not i have one out back i could get the #,s from. mine is non bbc but is key lectric

rdarnell
04-25-2007, 10:11 AM
BBC? I'm not familiar with that term. I think I might have found model and serial numbers that are really close to the Toro mower I'm working on, but they are not exactly like this one. Apparently this is a 1981 10500 series mower and I found three versions on Empart. While they are extremely close to this one, they are not exactly like it.

Yeah, if you have a Key-Lectric with the traction and blade control box on the left hand side of the handle, I really need to know how that box goes back together. I'm not altogether sure that I have all the pieces to it since the blade control didn't initially work. I was hoping that if I could find the IPL for the mower it would show a detailed breakdown of the control box, but as my luck would have it.....

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!!