PDA

View Full Version : another trailer light prob.

All Pro Lawn Care
04-24-2007, 03:33 PM
So I just bought a 94 Dodge 2500. I hook up the trailer and I have running light and a right blinker.

So today I go to where I bought the trailer and they ralize that there is not a relay in the truck for the trailer lights. I got that and now I have breaks lights, flashers, and running light. No blinkers! when the right blinker is on it works on the truck but not the trailer. the left does not on the truck or trailer. I have checked the fuses and switched the relays around under the hood. I'm thinking it might be the flasher (the round silver one)..

Any other Ideas???

When the trailer place checked the harness on the truck they said everything worked. So do you think that the harness might not be making good contact?

Thanks

All Pro Lawn Care
04-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know if it is legal to use hand signals in TX when towing trailer??

Tony Clifton
04-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Try putting a tester on the truck side of the plug....if it blinks there, then the problem is in your trailer.

All Pro Lawn Care
04-24-2007, 10:00 PM
did that (it tests fine) and I have 2 trucks and everything works on one but not the other. any other ideas I'm about to go try again with both of them...

All Pro Lawn Care
04-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Well now with one truck the only thing that is not working is the right blinker on the trailer. The other I think it is the harness. Just the 4 prong need to be replaced it was doing some wierd stuff (clock was dimming with hazards and lic lights was dimming when I was messing with harness). It is going to be raining here tomorrow so I will have time to figure it out..

All Pro Lawn Care
04-25-2007, 10:17 PM
I got it fixed. here is everything replaced. relay under the hood, one light, new 4 pin harness on truck and one flasher i think it was combo of stuff there was not a relay to begin with and the wrong flasher. hope this helps someone

APLC

ATL Lawn
04-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Does anyone know if it is legal to use hand signals in TX when towing trailer??

lol, i always wondered about this too..

i have same prob with a 02 dodge ram

topsites
04-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Ahhh I had this problem with my '95 D-2500 and I found by sheer luck a little switch... Mine was under the dash right about where the steering wheel is, a teenie little Off-On like switch, flip it once and wait until you hear this click-click like a relay resetting and voila my trailer lights worked properly, sometimes I have to flip it again, some kinda automatic trailer light adjustment thing for different configurations is my guess.
Now it could've been aftermarket, it was there when I bought the truck but I did buy it used and it was all wired and ready for a trailer so idk.

Whether hand signals are legal or not I would not hesitate to use them in a pinch, at least it helps (but you still have to get things fixed heh).

All Pro Lawn Care
04-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Well I ran into more prob with the truck. The lady could not find the title so I never paid her. i pull up next to another lco and the guy is also an ase and tell me my rear bearing is going out. Well he was right so I gave the truck back to her. I have also decided that I giving up about 50% of my customers. thanks for the help

APLC