PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions from the big dawgs

srvfan
04-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Went out and visited a lady's house today...she's having some problems. She had an existing light system (FX) and then some guy came in and added a bunch of plastic home depot lights....spliced right into her existing system and there is to much load on the transformer (flipping the breaker). I'll have to remove those plastic lights but there is one area where he just put in a row of lights right down the side of a deck walkway. These are all together on his fancy hampton bay transformer and they are falling apart. So my question.....can you guys look at the pics and give me suggestions on how to light this walk and make it look great...the plastic stuff is coming out...the lady does not want path lights in her grass(nor do I) If there is a deck fixture out there that will make this work I want to know. No tall trees around either.

Thanks
Steve

JC Lighting
04-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Where are the pics?

srvfan
04-24-2007, 07:46 PM
I can't seem to upload pics...anyway..it's a long deck walkway...no rails....no trees.....lady wants path lit somehow. Any ideas?

bumper
04-24-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm a visual guy, kinda like asking how to light this big tree without seeing it.

NightScenes
04-24-2007, 11:47 PM
To upload pics you need to "go advanced" and then go to attachments. You can only load pics up to 800x800 I think. It's not that hard but I don't know how to solve your problem with your current discription.

Pro-Scapes
04-25-2007, 08:49 AM
if you cant post em then email me thru my website listed below my name and i will resize em. A good start would be removing the lights and transformer. If the existing FX lights are fine and were installed right then leave em.

Plastic has to go tho thats for sure. Im overhauling a vista system now. Installed in a long chain. Decent components but poor workmanship (and a mixture of Katrina) has left much to be desired.