PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bulls

hollywoodjoe
04-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Called a new customer this morning to let her know i would arrive in a half hour to mow her back yard, she assured me she would have her 5 Pit Bulls in the house as she wasn't sure how they would react to me. Well i get back there and no dogs so i start mowing and out of the corner of my eye i see 5 Pits coming toward me.They are growling at the mower and surrounding me and one of the small ones takes a nip at me.I am dancing like a rodeo clown keeping the mower between me and the two largest ones,this goes on for 3 minutes till the lady comes and gets the dogs to back off and she says she is so sorry the kids let them out.The lawn is full of **** and rocks and sticks and shreaded paper from the dogs.Should i go back if she builds a place to keep them fenced in or just drop the job?

DiyDave
04-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Life is too short . Hell with the ***** jobs. Recommend someone to her that you don't like.

PLM-1
04-24-2007, 07:34 PM
If all of those dogs ran at me like that and somebody let them out, kids or not; all 5 of them would be dead. There are too many people that get hurt around those dogs, that's why they are banned in some areas.

Dean of Green
04-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Drop her........like you said there was crap all in the yard. Even if she makes a dog kennel they will still destroy the lawn when out. Not to mention the crap and torn up items in yard. This will be a nightmare for you. Besides, it is not worth it to risk your life because "the kids" let them out. This woman has no respect for you and that is no way to have a working relationship. You were lucky this time.....5 angry pit bulls + 1 man= one dead man
When you drop her tell her that you "can not risk another mistaken encounter with her dogs".

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Man i hate em,think hard about it you lose a finger or foot then what.

Nathan Robinson
04-24-2007, 08:08 PM
go back and if you cant mow the back yard because of her dogs bill her for the full amount. I would assume you are mowing dirt if there are 5 pits in the yard. Surely there isnt much grass. take the weed eater and if they come at you dice them up!

Sydenstricker Landscaping
04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Drop her like a bad habit!!! I just got bit on my thigh a few hours ago by a german shepard. Came out of nowhere and thought I was I chew toy I guess. It had no collar and was dragging its broken leash. Thank god it didnt bite through my pants, so I am all good. The dog, not so much. I had a nice digging shovel in my hand, so I went to town swingin away. I laid him out good. Called the cops, filed a police report and am pressing charges. My leg hurts, but its not so bad. Next time a dog comes at me, that will be the last thing it ever does.

hollywoodjoe
04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
well actually in the 5 dog situation they revert to animal instict and pack on you like you see wolves or coyotes.They spread out and attack from all sides,pits are very smart and very strong.When they they bite they lock jaws and shake closing eyes and will not let go.They can take down a full grown athelete and kill you.I need the work and the lady is hot but i guess i have to put my ****** on hold and use my brain.I say ban them bastard dogs.

rodfather
04-25-2007, 06:05 AM
What person in their right mind has 5 pit bulls? :rolleyes:

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
04-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Its not the dogs fault its the owners for letting them get the way they are for attacking you......I have a pit mix and know of several other people that their pits are like little babies, would never harm a fly

spazfam
04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Drop her like a bad habit!!! I just got bit on my thigh a few hours ago by a german shepard. Came out of nowhere and thought I was I chew toy I guess. It had no collar and was dragging its broken leash. Thank god it didnt bite through my pants, so I am all good. The dog, not so much. I had a nice digging shovel in my hand, so I went to town swingin away. I laid him out good. Called the cops, filed a police report and am pressing charges. My leg hurts, but its not so bad. Next time a dog comes at me, that will be the last thing it ever does.

Who are pressing charges against the Dog! Just kidding glad you were not injured. I got attacked last year by a rothweiler so I know what thats like. Gave him a new hairdo with the trimmer! And jumped in the truck trimmer still running and got out of there.

Poncho25
04-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I am a big dog lover, But this Pitts got to go!! People say they get a bad name...uhh think about this again, these dogs were bread for one reason! To fight! hence the name PIT-BULL

Drop this client before something happens to you that you might not walk away from! 1 even 2 might be ok, but 5...somethings bound to happen from that, and more then likely not good!

SoloSulkySurfer
04-26-2007, 12:57 AM
Pepper spray is a nice thing to have around. Ive taken it out of the truck few times when I see stray dogs in the area. Also works with thieves. And on Italian subs LOL.:laugh:

topsites
04-26-2007, 08:55 AM
You know what you get when you cross a Pit bull with a Shi-tsoo?
You get a Bull***!

idk I am a dog person and few times do I have a problem, but they usually respect my machine, see...
Most of the bigger dogs we know: I respect the dog, the dog respects the machine, we're cool.
I'd hate to see it thou, some poodle or pompom come yapping, it could be bad news in a flash.

The dog bites, we got a problem, I have a kick reflex waiting to happen.
Much like yourself thou, I'd be like hmmm...

ahhh but then a yard with more than a few piles of poo?
I don't charge extra for it and have no problem with a few piles, but this stuff with every where I step there's another and it smells the entire time?
sorry, gtg.

Nowadays that would've happened, likely about the time the dog nipped and I saw the piles, I would've been loading, no charge but see ya.

Pepper spray is a nice thing to have around. Ive taken it out of the truck few times when I see stray dogs in the area. Also works with thieves. And on Italian subs LOL.:laugh:

Yup, the first redneck product come true: a can of whoop azz, I love that stuff myself.
Only caught a teenie whiff of it once, that convinced me, never tried it on food.

RedMax Man
04-30-2007, 09:30 PM
What person in their right mind has 5 pit bulls? :rolleyes:

... And kids in the same home:dizzy: I just can't figure out the way these people live with those deadly beasts.

Shawns Lawns
05-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Drop Her:waving:

hosejockey2002
05-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure pepper spray would help with a pit bull. I watched the cops shoot a pit bull who had bitten a kid that I was treating on a call and it was after me next. It took 3 or 4 rounds from an AR-15 before it dropped.:eek:

lawnman_scott
05-19-2007, 12:04 PM
I dont know how you guys keep yourselves in check. If that had been me, that "lady" (dumb *****) would have heard exactly what I thought of the situation. I would have never finished the lawn, and wouldnt be back.

brucec
05-20-2007, 12:51 AM
I work with a girl whose ex-husband raised pit bulls, one went after her daughter and when she tried to stop it, it clamped down on her arm and wouldn't let go. Needless to say her arm is now mangled and disfigured for life. However you gotta' watch labs also. When my brother and I were much younger a VERY large lab knocked my brother down and proceeded to have his way with my brother, if you know what I mean. The lab was so big my brother couldn't get him off, until he got off. LOL. Me? I was standing 6 feet away laughing like a mad man!!! I still laugh every time I think about that!