PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions, please help!

fire228
04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I am taking over a few lawns from a buddy of mine and hopefully I will get more as the season goes along.
Right now I have 25 yards to cut, mainly .50-1 acre
I dont really have the money upfront to buy an expensive mower so whats your opinions on these 2 mowers?

Cub Cadet
17 HP, 42 In. Hydrostatic Zero Turn Rider
$2600

Toro
16 HP 42 In. Deck Red TimeCutter Zero Turn Mower
$2600

I have about $2500.00-$3000.00 to spend and want something that wont end up in the shop in 3 weeks. Thses are the two I have been looking at, are they any good???

:usflag:

Dean of Green
04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
The two mowers you have listed might do okay for about a year and then you will have many problems...........I would recommend taking that money and buying a used commercial grade walk behind.....maybe 48" cut............In a year or two you can move up to a commercial zero turn when the capital is there.

Nathan Robinson
04-24-2007, 09:32 PM
my opinion JUNK! But you need to make them work. Lube them daily and maintain them often. Keep that oil changed and dont hot rod them. Next mower get a WALKER!

Scotts' Yard Care
04-24-2007, 10:09 PM
A little more than what you say you have to spend but in your place I'd look very hard at the John Deere Home Depot machine with the twin Parker wheel motors and the unit pump. This is 4000 bucks but is heavier built and has grease fittings too plus the more robust hydro system.

fire228
04-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the opinions, not really good news but I appreciate it!
Like I mentioned before, I dont have alot of money as of now to buy a great mower but I eventually will get something good. For now though should I even bother with one of these two?

;)

Darrin A.
04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
The two mowers you have listed might do okay for about a year and then you will have many problems...........I would recommend taking that money and buying a used commercial grade walk behind.....maybe 48" cut............In a year or two you can move up to a commercial zero turn when the capital is there.

I second this opinion:rolleyes: Try the paper, e-bay, craigs list and maybe ask your friend if he has a used mower for you.

Good luck

Herrick
04-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Most dealers will finance you also, some manufacturers have some pretty good deals going in the spring.

timmac
04-25-2007, 12:07 AM
look at a hustler mini fastrak. it's about 3500 and well built.

fiveoboy01
04-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Most dealers will finance you also, some manufacturers have some pretty good deals going in the spring.

Bingo.

I just bought another walk-behind, using exmark's no payments/deferred interest for 12 months. As long as it's paid off 12 months after you buy it, the accrued interest does not get added to the balance. I also had the option of 3.9% APR for 36 months, but I know I'll write a check to pay the mower off by this time next year easily. If you've got good credit, look at this option - it will enable you to purchase a good commercial mower with a warranty and have the 3K left over for other expenses.

If you've got 25 accounts at 1/2 to 1 full acre, you should have no problem making enough money to pay for it this season.

fire228
04-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the advice. I didnt even know about the payment plans, I thought only Home Depot or Lowes had that. I will definately go that route now I just need help on what mower to get, lol

Idealtim
04-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Do yourself a huge favor and buy a exmark metro, there some where around 3k new and if there more, just go for it. If you can't find a good used bobcat, scag or exmark wb to begin with that is. $2500.00 will buy you a pretty nice wb that won't wear out in a year.

garrettlawn
04-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Cub Cadet usually has some good 3 year 0% finance deals going on. Go stick about $2000 down on a new 54 or 60 commercial z. You will be way happier in the long run and should be able to pay that sucker off in the first year. And even if not it will last the three years that you have it set up for 0%. The payments on the last 60 we bought run $116 bucks a month. I can make that in an hour.