PDA

View Full Version : Help for job pricing please.

JE LAWN CARE
04-24-2007, 07:29 PM
I just started my lil business about a month ago.I have around 10 residential accounts so far. I will start advertising next week. I got some tools already. Nothing so prfessional like some of u guy's stuff. (Lawn mower, trimmer, blower, trailer, etc) will buy some better stuff as soon as i start making that money.
Well im new here, and would like to know if u could help me.
I started doing this lady's lawn and she wants me to install sod in her backyard next month. She will provide the top soil, sod and roto tiller. Her backyard is 1000 sq feet.
Her backyard is clean...no weeds or grass, just dirt She already got sprinklers.
How much do you think i should charge her. I live in So. California
Thanks for your time.

Nathan Robinson
04-24-2007, 07:38 PM
see, shes a penny pincher. You always charge double on your sod. 1000 sq. ft. isnt ****! Charge her old ass $100.00 an hour. Do a good job and staple that sod down well. water water water water water. You can use a rooting harmone called INDOLE 3 BYUTRIC ACID to improve root development. Its a wetable powder and is pretty effective. No nitrogen. Concentrate on roots right now!

JE LAWN CARE
04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks Nathan.
So..how much do u guys think would be a good price. You say 100 an hour, but i have no idea how long its gonna take us (me and a friend) Like i said before, its the first time ill be doing it. And i know i have to learn sooner or later.
I think people charge 1 dollar or 1.25 for sq. foot if the customer is not providing anything, but in this case she is providing the sod, top soil and tiller.
She already ordered it and it will be delivered in May.
Do you think it would be a good price if I tell her $400 just for the labor?
200 for me, 200 for my friend? or is it too much?

fishman644
04-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Does the ground have apretty goo grade on it to where you dont have to do too much prep? how much topsoil do you have to spread? can they dump the dirt and sod on the site or do you have to wheel barrow uphill/ long distance etc?

JE LAWN CARE
04-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Does the ground have apretty goo grade on it to where you dont have to do too much prep? how much topsoil do you have to spread? can they dump the dirt and sod on the site or do you have to wheel barrow uphill/ long distance etc?

top soil would be delivered to the house along with the sod. it doesnt seem like a lot of prep. Just have to be carefull with the sprinklers when tilling it.
she got me 2 more customers (her neighbors) so i wanna give her a lil discount you know?
you think $400 sounds like a good deal? or too much?