PDA

View Full Version : dow agro scicences dimeson 2ew

kandklandscape
04-24-2007, 07:41 PM
anyone using this solution? i was wondering how much do i mix for 100 gal sprayer? it does not really say in the book how much to mix per 100 gal, does anyone know the answer to my quesiton?

Nathan Robinson
04-24-2007, 07:43 PM
It all depends on how many of these gallons you are spraying per 1000 sq.ft. and if you are doing a split app or a one time app. Diminsion is 1 fl. once per 1000sq. ft. to 1 .12 ounce per k. calibrate it and on your labeling you should have the rates.

kandklandscape
04-24-2007, 08:03 PM
will this chemical kill dandillions as well?

kandklandscape
04-24-2007, 08:11 PM
here are the areas to spray.

90x100
75x150
40x85
30x30
50x100
50x80
100x150
30x85

we only have a few properties to spray as you can see. new to fertilization, so we never found out in our class what the mixtures would be. we have a 200 gal tank. the dimension 2ew is going to be used for pre emerg. lots of danillions around in all the lawns, will this chemical kill the weed?

kandklandscape
04-24-2007, 08:17 PM
So total sq ft is 51,100 so lets say 55,000 sq ft
how much water do i add, read the booklet that came with the chemicals, but guess what, does not say. need to know how much water to dilute the concentrate with.

Nathan Robinson
04-24-2007, 08:31 PM
you can spray in a low volume or high volume. By the way, IT DOES NOT KILL WEEDS! Its a pre-m not a post m. you will need to spray 1 gallon per thousand sq. ft. so put in 55 gallons and 55 ounces. To calibrate a sprayer get a watch and a bucket. calibrate it where it sprays one gallon per min. Then time yourself walking in a 1000 sq. ft. rectangle. Train yourself to spray that in a min. Dont rush then you will have breakthrough. Practice with water. Spray the curbs and any area where there is concrete (SIDEWALKS) because thats where the crabgrass loves to come up. It loves hot places and can withstand drought like you wouldnt believe.

kandklandscape
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
:confused: so its one ounce and one gallon per 1k sq ft?

well since i cant use the pre m, ill use the post m momentum..... would this be the same mixture?

for 55000 sq ft how many ounces of post m will i need using lesco momentum

green horizons
04-24-2007, 11:16 PM
kandk, I have never and will never ask "are you licensed?". This forum should be peer to peer exchange. But seriously, have you read the label? F- the water! You're not spraying water, you're spraying chemical. The label will tell you how much chem. per how much space (sq/ft). Please read/ re-read the label. If it doesn't specifically say how much water per area, then it is all about calibration, based upon your equipment and the amount of chem. per area. As a last resort, ask your supplier for help. Better safe than sorry. Good luck.

Nathan Robinson
04-24-2007, 11:21 PM
you will still need the pre - m. Diminsion is a post m as well up to the 5th tiller which is not there yet. use the diminsion. You will have to try real hard to kill a lawn when spraying diminsion only. I spilled concentrate (intentionally) on an area in my back yard and nothing happened. It was shiny until the rain came last week. post m spraying now means post m spraying all summer. send me a direct message and I will give you my number. My e-mail is beautifullawnsbyedenorganics@yahoo.com

kandklandscape
04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
green horizons,

yes we just got our bu license aka spray license. all you need to do here in pa is simply pass a test that is cake. need no past experience, which i think should be ness. in my case.

anyways, im just wondering about the chemicals, not asking what i know and dont. i know NOTHING, just know how to spray them lol

i emailed you nathan robinson.

LwnmwrMan22
04-26-2007, 12:15 AM
I may be wrong, but the book on Dimension 2EW says 1 pint per acre, doesn't matter how much water you use.

http://www.lesco.com/NoCompression/Label.aspx?label=089192.pdf

Page 6 of 15. Program #1 for most of us.

A pint is only 16 ounces. As far as I've read, it doesn't say anything about volume of water.

So, in my PG Magnum, I would put 1 pint in approx. 10.5 gallons of water, since that would roughly be one acre of mix solution.