PDA

View Full Version : Toro or John Deere

JE LAWN CARE
04-25-2007, 04:47 AM
Hi. Im new here. I started my lil business about 1 month ago.
Already got some tools ( lawn mower, edger/trimmer, blower, trailer, etc)
I m looking to buy another lawn mower. No problems with the one i got now(troy built), I just need another one for me, then Ill give my brother the TB.
I cant afford nothing expensive right now. I was looking at these 2 machines.

TORO 2074: $400.00
• 22"cutting deck with 6.5 HP Guaranteed-to-Start (GTS®) Engine
• 3 in 1 mowing system allows you to bag, side discharge or use the Recycler Cutting System to mince clippings into fine particles
• Wash Out Port - the safer and easier way to clean away clippings under the deck
• Quick Connect Bagging System - for easy bagging
• Personal Pace Self Propel System - mow at your own pace up to 4.8mph
• Electric Start - simply turn the key and mow

John Deere B620433: $400.00
6.75 GTP (190 cc), Briggs & Stratton™ Engine with Ready Start
No choke, no prime system provides quick and easy starting
Easily convert to mulch, bag, or side discharge clippings with included attachments. No tools required.
Easily pick up the pace to 3.6 MPH with variable ground speed adjustment control.
Rear wheel drive provides consistent performance, even with a full bag.
Cutting heights from 1.25-4 inches
Not CA compliant.

Which one would you guys recomend me to buy? thanks for your time.

SDNCLAWNCARE
04-25-2007, 06:44 AM
Well according to all of these guys who have been cutting grass for years neither of these machines are commercial. Now if you are only cutting maybe 1-5 yards a week, they might last one season. But if you plan on cutting more than that, spend another 500-600 and get a used 36" Commercial mower. I picked up a 36" Bunton for about 1200.00. Start everytime and does a fine job for my 5 yards. But I'm learning also, so maybe someone else has an opinion.

Steve

JE LAWN CARE
04-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Well according to all of these guys who have been cutting grass for years neither of these machines are commercial. Now if you are only cutting maybe 1-5 yards a week, they might last one season. But if you plan on cutting more than that, spend another 500-600 and get a used 36" Commercial mower. I picked up a 36" Bunton for about 1200.00. Start everytime and does a fine job for my 5 yards. But I'm learning also, so maybe someone else has an opinion.

Steve
Thanks, but.
I live in So California, the houses i mow dont have those big ole lawns. thats why im getting a 22' Im starting with houses, maybe later ill get some commercial accounts and get a bigger mower.

anyone else?

LindblomRJ
04-25-2007, 02:56 PM
A commercial 21" will run about $1200. Both are decent mowers and would make you money, IMHO. Another mower to look at is the lawnboy. Just like any other piece of equipment life will depend on use, how it is used, and how its maintained.

JE LAWN CARE
04-25-2007, 09:09 PM
A commercial 21" will run about $1200. Both are decent mowers and would make you money, IMHO. Another mower to look at is the lawnboy. Just like any other piece of equipment life will depend on use, how it is used, and how its maintained.

Thanks but it has to be one ofthe mowers i mentioned above.. im kind of in a low budget. I barely started my busines a month ago.
So....Toro or John Deere, just wanna know which one would be better to buy.
thankyou

LindblomRJ
04-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Either one would be fine. I think I would purchase the Toro myself. I would have no qualms about either mower.

Lawnut101
04-25-2007, 11:17 PM
If I were you, I would go with the Deere. I may not be that experienced with mowers, but I've used both Deere and Toro, and I've always been more impressed with my John Deere's cut. It seems a little more even than the Toro's. But that's just my opinion. Plus I've had a Deere for prolly more than 10 years, and nothing ever goes wrong with it, and you really can't beat that. It gets used pretty hard sometimes and it stands up to it. Good luck.

JE LAWN CARE
04-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks a lot for your time guys.

LindblomRJ
04-26-2007, 09:51 PM
What did you purchase?

JE LAWN CARE
04-27-2007, 04:54 AM
What did you purchase?

I still havent bought anything, im getting paid for some sod job next week. I think imm gonna go with the toro though. i was reading some posts and they say the parts are cheaper, also. I like how it can go up to 5mph.
Thanks again for your time.

LindblomRJ
04-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Not a problem.

POPO4995
04-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Go with the Toro. Don't buy a John Deere 21" mower. They are made by Snapper and painted green and yellow. Not up to John Deere standards IMO; and for me to say that it must be true because I love Deere! Also, look into Honda. I have a HRR216VXA, and its an awesome mower. It mulches better than any mower I have seen! But you would be happy with a Toro or Honda.:usflag: