PDA

View Full Version : Dandlion Salad Anyone??

ant
04-25-2007, 07:10 AM
they are all over most of my lawns this year. even lawns that never had them..
and the calls are coming in...people bitching..
i know your lawns got a have them..
what are you guys telling your clients ?

i am telling them due to the type of weather we had since February that it brought them on sooner ....

Grandview
04-25-2007, 07:56 AM
I would tell my customers I will be there within a week to fix the problem.

RigglePLC
04-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Anybody got the receipe for dandelion wine?

Nathan Robinson
04-25-2007, 03:59 PM
You can spray anytime for them. If its real cold use riverdales collpower. If its warm and the photosythesis are open use a cheap 3way. do them soon or they will call tru-green. Remember Tru-green is right next door anyhow!

heritage
04-25-2007, 04:52 PM

i am telling them due to the type of weather we had since February that it brought them on sooner ....

Hi Ant,

We knew because of the weather last season, broadleaves would be bad, so app # 4 which would normally be Fert and Broadleaf weed control, became Fert only. App #5 in October Became my Broadleaf App. I used 3 Way Ester at 1 oz per 1000, and my lawns are SPOTLESS. Not even chickweed or wild onion. I may switch/flip app 4/5 again this year too, if we have a long dry summer, followed by a wet fall.

In the meantime, use lesco momentum FX 2 (Amine)@ 1.25 oz. per 1000 in your ride on sprayer. Hand can 4 oz per gal, spot spray.

Get Em'

Pete

turfsolutions
04-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Yo Ant, Hows it?

I personally tell people that are calling, which aren't many, that it will be taken care of on step 2 of my program which I am currently in the process of completing. I also explain that their is a small weather window for spraying so it takes me a bit longer to get to everyones lawn but I will be there. If I noticed major issues on step one with broadleaf weeds I made a note and got to them sooner, however, a lot of people have chickweed and dandlelions right now, not to mention wild violet starting to bare its ugly face. With that new z spray you should be able to crank em out quick.

Funny, a thread was started a few weeks back about the same topic. Maybe some of those guys will chime in and tell you about "real" service.

Shades of Green LService
04-25-2007, 08:34 PM

Definitely more dandi's this year and like you said, on lawns that never had it before. Also, This f'ing chickweed is killing me. Does anyone add quicksilver in there mix for the chicks? If so, is it wortrh the price?

lawnservice
04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Funny, a thread was started a few weeks back about the same topic. Maybe some of those guys will chime in and tell you about "real" service.

welp, we are in a SERVICE industry. you can just tell em you'll get there when you get there or on your next scheduled visit (which might be, what, 3,4 -5 weeks away?)

RigglePLC
04-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I used "Surge" about 4 days ago, (it is similar to Speedzone). Used handsprayer. I thought it worked very well on chickweed, really fried some groundivy, and burned some violets pretty nice too. Regular grass seemed to be unaffected. Quackgrass was burned slightly.

Got pictures of violets.

ampeg76
04-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Definitely more dandi's this year and like you said, on lawns that never had it before. Also, This f'ing chickweed is killing me. Does anyone add quicksilver in there mix for the chicks? If so, is it wortrh the price?

earlier in the season i was using 3-way with quicksilver(basically speedzone), broadleafs were toast in 2 days

btw, when using quicksilver you can mix 3-way at the lower rate, i also add a splash of adjuvant for piece of mind

cheers
mike