PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chopper EFI and Extended Warantee

JLC
08-05-2001, 04:18 PM
I finally found a dealer close enough to me that I would consider a purchase now. If our schedules can work out I am going to demo some of their models next week. A couple of questions for you DC guys in the know. I'm really considering a 72" machine to replace the 60" and then add a smaller walkbehind for the areas that are too small for the 72". I'm interested in the Kohler EFI that is new for this year, but noticed that right now it only comes on the 60" flatlander. Do any of you know if this is planned to be implemented into the xxw series? Also is there going to be any deck changes to the 72 like the 60s and is it worth it to wait until the silver is available in the 72? Last question. The dealer knew of the extended warantee, but no details. Do any of you know this info? I know it is a lot of questions, but it would be good to know some of the answers.

Eric ELM
08-05-2001, 04:53 PM
I noticed that they only show the 26 efi on the Flatlander, but they put it on the XW00's too. I heard they are not going to put the 26 hp Yanmar on the 72's anymore, so I would think the 26 efi would replace it, but this is just a guess.

From what I heard, all the decks will be the new deck design. The baffles are a bit different and they lowered the back for better stripes.

I would think all the other changes would be worth waiting for the 2002. They made a lot of improvements.

I have chatted with a few that have the extended warranty, but I'm not sure how much it is.

JLC
08-05-2001, 05:20 PM
Thanks Eric! The dealer wasn't sure about the silver decks. He said he just got 3 new ones in, a xw2500, xf2500 and xxw2500, and none had silver decks. They must be 2001 model leftovers. Will the 2002 72" have the silver deck too? The 26 EFI seems to be the best choice. It has one more hp than the 25 and has still has all of the oil and air filtration systems plus better fuel efficiency. On a side note, my Walker dealer said the the biggest problem with the 25 Kohler and head gaskets was improper fuel regulation (too much fuel I think) which is what caused the problems. He said with the EFI the fuel regulation is much more exact and he doesn't expect any more troubles like the 25s had.

Eric ELM
08-05-2001, 05:30 PM
From what I heard, they will all the decks be changed. The 2002 XW's will hold 4 more gallons of fuel, the 72" diesel and XXW4000 will hold 14 gallons. That alone is nice and worth waiting for. :)

LeoS818
08-06-2001, 10:05 PM
We have 2 dc xw2500s. They have been good machines. The exmark dealer talked me into test driving 2 lazers. A 60 in with the 23 water cooled kaw. The other one was a 72in with a 3 cyl water cooled diesel. I now belive the worlds fastest mower is a lazer. Check your exmark dealer.

Lawnworks
08-08-2001, 08:16 AM
Do you know why you think Lazers are faster than choppers? You had DC xw which goes 10 mph ( same as exmark). I have a XF2500 (flatlander) and it will blow away any lazer. They are supposed to go 13mph. Plus, I look better doing it to. :)

WREBELMACHINE
08-17-2001, 05:53 PM
I agree with lawnworks I have one 60 25hp lazer and 7 72" dixie choppers and one flatlander and my flatlander will blow my lazer away!

And I'm not saying that my lazer is slow but it is compared to my flatlander!