PDA

View Full Version : 4 part irrigation Question thread....

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-25-2007, 07:11 PM
1. Where are you from?

2. What do you use to trench?

3. What are your personal fav products/why?

4. what do you charge per zone..

5.commercial or residential?

ok here goes..

im Eddie from cape cod mass

We use a 255 plow ditch witch that goes up to 18 inches..Sometimes on our ball fields we use the 4-10 that we sub out..We only use poly pipe as up here we are lucky...

3.ok here goes for our personal fav products:\
Rotar heads as follows:

Big rotar-Hunter 1-25-nothing compares where we are-best stream/water usage
MED ROTAR-HUNTER PGP- for all of our residential instally...durable,cost efficent,easy to adjust,great nossles,burrys great/easy to interchange with the service work ie Swaping the guts
small rotar-Rainbird 3500-they get the job done in small spaces

Spray heads-
hunter 10,12,15,17 ft adjustable-best to bury..small...easy to matienence..great umbrella
toro 570- 2>3>4>8>12 inch pop ups....best nossles...easy to burry durable..work great by roadsides...

Controlers-Rainbird...costly yes..durable....easy to set up....last long time

rain sensors- i guess it dont matter..

wire-not that crap from cali

backflow-PVB febco 765 i inch usually

valves-Rainbird-def the best....little to no problems with them after years in the ground.

I guess those are the basics

4.we charge anywhere from 475>600 a zone on residential

5. we do both..trying to get a ball field with a 2 inch pvc main feed from a 45 gpm i belive..... and i hope we land the SOB

Dirty Water
04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
R-O-T-O-R

Give me an R...Give me an O...

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-25-2007, 07:16 PM
4,580 post of coplete nothingness?

lol im from new englad..where they dont teach spellin @ any level

Dirty Water
04-25-2007, 07:22 PM
4,580 posts of nothingness.

This one though (4581), is definitely high quality...Why? Because I said so.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey buddy grab your shovel...

your obv not good @ the internet...

Platinum Member huh? wow your a pretty big honcho on an internet message board pertaining to irrigation....Dont quit your day job cause your moonlighting as an internet comediean is not working out....

And i love mispelling ........w00t

Dirty Water
04-25-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't do irrigation for a living anymore.

I work on the intertubes.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-25-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't do irrigation for a living anymore.

I work on the intertubes.

details?

I mean intertubes....

Dirty Water
04-25-2007, 07:30 PM
It was another joke, I'm a software developer, I write server applications.

The reference was from Senator Stevens (The guy in charge of government/internet relations apparently) saying this a few months ago:

"The internet is not a big truck, its more like as series of tubes"

Which spawned the term InterTubes, as his statement was so incorrect it was amusing.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-25-2007, 07:32 PM
ahh i got ya...

so you develop software?
dam buddy....what the hell were you ever doing in the irrigation field?

Dirty Water
04-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Enjoying myself a lot more than I do now thats for sure.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I can understand....Thats a drastic career change..Kudos to being smart enough to software develop.....you should of never touched a shovel in your life...anyhow irrigation is for a young guy...diggin is bad on the body...my boss, a ragin alcholic with a failing liver, gets cortzone shots in his shoulder cause of the pain and he cant afford the surgery...kinda sad..im sober now and we have blowouts every other day cause he treats me like a kid..

i get pissed @ him... Example today, i was changing the blade on my poly pipe cutters....so my booze bag boss hovers over me the whole time i do it coaching me double talking every thing that he says...i was pissed....so we get to talking i go how did that backflow repair the other day... he goes"just had to tighten the packing nut" i was BS....he tries to belittle me every time...so i go to him"well arent you just gods gift to irrigation"

Ill take some pics soon..can you post pics on this smf?

Tadams
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
R-O-T-O-R

Give me an R...Give me an O...

Now that's funny!

Tadams
04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't do a lot of irrigation yet- still building the client list but here goes

1. Todd from Cartersville, GA

2. I rent a Toro Dingo to trench with

3. I use all Hunter products- PGP, PGJ, and sprays.

4. If I'm doing the the sod prep and install I'll do the job for $500.00 a zone. If it's just for the irrigation I charge $600.00 per zone.

5. We only do residential installs for now

PurpHaze
04-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Besides a deficiency in spelling you appear to have a math problem too. "Four part question" that then has FIVE sections listed. Make Mass proud. :laugh:

LCPullman
04-26-2007, 12:27 AM
2 Case Maxi-sneaker, vib plow

3 K-Rain Professional rotors Hunter Pro spray and Institutional spray. RB nozzles Hunter Pro-C/ICC Irritrol 2400/2600 valves

4 ???? Every zone is different.

5 mostly residential

Mjtrole
04-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Better check the specs and drawings again, unless those ball fields were designed by a moron they should be installed in p.v.c

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-26-2007, 10:06 PM
hi phans!

i will work on my spelling...

PurpHaze
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Better check the specs and drawings again, unless those ball fields were designed by a moron they should be installed in p.v.c

DAMN... You threw me for a loop with the "ball fields" mention and I had to read the entire thread again. :)

PurpHaze
04-26-2007, 10:20 PM
i will work on my spelling...

And your math? :laugh:

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-26-2007, 10:33 PM
And your math? :laugh:

1 thing @ a time....be ez on this ditch digger.....

we do all of our ball fields with 2 inch pvc mains and 1 and a half feed in poly... all you hacks can KYS STAT

Dirty Water
04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
1 thing @ a time....be ez on this ditch digger.....

we do all of our ball fields with 2 inch pvc mains and 1 and a half feed in poly... all you hacks can KYS STAT

2 inch is childs play.

I can't think of any major commercial systems off the top of my head that I worked on that had 2" mains. Everything was 3" or 4".

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-26-2007, 10:48 PM
jez dirty water....

cant say i have even touched 4 inch pipe....
that seems like fun...im sure it yeilded a few good dollars for the boss...
plow or trench?

Dirty Water
04-26-2007, 10:51 PM
A plow capable of 4" pipe at a decent depth would be a monster.

We used a DitchWitch 3500 trencher as the main beast for our installs, with occasional use of a mini-excavator. Once we get down to 2" we would plow with a 410sx.

One condo complex we maintained happened to have a Ford 555 backhoe loader, so I used that for just about everything. Good times.

The hoe comes in handy when you find a fitting covered in concrete from its thrust block, and its 3' down and weighs around 100 lbs.

Like this one:

http://www.ironplanet.com/i/28/660/286600002-full.jpg

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-26-2007, 10:54 PM
dude....that **** must of been wicked fun..

me=small resi systems..

most of you guys=big dogs....