PDA

View Full Version : lesco 200 gal spacesaver hose reel problem

kandklandscape
04-25-2007, 08:23 PM
ok? well we had tried to hook the battery up to the battery terminals, 12v motorcycle battery, but no luck? nothing is there push the button and nothing.... there is also no spark when putting the terminals on.... checked everything out and looks good, any suggestions.

kandklandscape
04-25-2007, 08:26 PM
also used a 12v motorcyle think i need a bigger battery?

Restrorob
04-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't know how these are set up (wired) but I would try a bigger battery then if still nothing start with testing the switch, motor or any other electrical part that may be on the unit with a test light or multimeter checking for battery voltage through out the system.

How old is this unit ?

kandklandscape
04-25-2007, 08:41 PM
it is 3 years old. the solinod and ground look great and look new

Restrorob
04-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Looks can be deceiving, Take the ground loose and check for corrosion under the screw. Check for voltage on the small activation wire on the solenoid, If no voltage there go back to the switch and check there.

kandklandscape
04-25-2007, 10:12 PM
just read the manual! it says that you have to wire it to the truck? ok but whats the point for the 12v battery? does anyone know? anyone use this sprayer that could call me?

Restrorob
04-25-2007, 11:01 PM
It doesn't matter if it's wired to a truck battery in a truck or a battery sitting on the ground as long as both pos. and neg. leads are hooked to the proper places on the unit.

fixer67
04-25-2007, 11:15 PM
These things can have as many as 4 solenoids. If just one goes bad you can lose the whole thing. Try this link. Does your set up look like this. If not post picture of your set up.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2007042521090570&item=11-1569&catname=

kandklandscape
04-26-2007, 07:16 AM
fixer 67 i think you put the wrong item on there that looks like it is a controller for an ez dumper. this is a lesco chemical sprayer.

MowerMedic77
04-26-2007, 08:17 AM
just read the manual! it says that you have to wire it to the truck? ok but whats the point for the 12v battery? does anyone know? anyone use this sprayer that could call me?

You wire it in to the truck battery not a separate battery, positive wire from the solenoid through a 2 post circuit breaker near the battery positive. Then a ground from one of the bolts that holds the solenoid to the reel frame to the negative on the battery. You can test the reel motor by hitting it with direct 12 volts and make sure it spins, also make sure the push button has continuity when you press it. Last would be to test the solenoid if your still not getting anything after all the other steps.

fixer67
04-27-2007, 10:40 PM
fixer 67 i think you put the wrong item on there that looks like it is a controller for an ez dumper. this is a lesco chemical sprayer.

You are talking about the power reel for the hose, right? Or did I miss read. The "thing" I showed is for FORWARD and REVERSE of any 12 volt system. It is for wenches, power reels or any 12 volt motor driven device. The same company makes a single solenoid set up that really has two SPDT type solenoids in the same casing. The also make the SPDT solenoid in which case you would need two of them.

fixer67
04-27-2007, 11:08 PM
The link I posted the other day is for a 2 WIRE motor. If you have a 3 WIRE motor you use a different set up.

Here is a link for a 2 WIRE motor using a single solenoid block
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2007042521090570&catname=&qty=1&item=11-3169-12

Now if you have a 3 WIRE motor the picture below is how they are wired.
And there is a single solenoid block you can get for the 3 WIRE instead of using 4 single solenoids. You need to take pictures of what you have. AS you can see there are a lot of way they can be wired.