PDA

View Full Version : 250K Sales

ksland
08-05-2001, 08:12 PM
With the little experienced voice in my head saying "don't grow too fast", "don't grow too fast" I bring up the question...What is too fast? How fast did you guys hit 250K sales a yr? Sales have doubled each year and seems to not be stopping. Need to slow down and concentrate on profits and investing but there is no time. Must make time a business advisor tells me. Have an answering machine full of work that goes un-answered. Thinking of sub-ing the work maybe? Lately we have just been picking and choosing at the large jobs and ignoring the rest. Should I upscale and take advantage of these oppertunities? :( :dizzy:

mdb landscaping
08-05-2001, 08:18 PM
just dont look a gift horse in the mouth. dont forget about the customers that got you started. if work starts slowing down and you ignored willing to pay customers, you will be up the creek without a paddle.

Pauls Mowing
08-05-2001, 09:20 PM
Why do you need to slow down and concentrsate on profits and investing? If you are operating at a profit, I'd be worried about all the work you are passing up- that is your profits and future investing. If sales are doubling each year, you should be expanding to take care of your customers. All the ones you pass over have called someone else, and bad news always travels fast. I know it can be tough at times, I need more hours in a day some weeks, but I make sure that the people who call me get taken care of. I work with them so I don't loose a sale and possible repeat business to my competetors.

Paul

Barkleymut
08-05-2001, 09:47 PM
Surely you are using Clip, Lawn Monkey, or Quickbooks. Do a real quick search on your PC to see which types of jobs are netting you the most and concentrate on that area. Expansion can get out of hand but as long as you LET THE OTHERS DO THE HARD WORK you should be ok. Most lawn jockeys get into trouble because they try to be a laborer and not a manager.

John Allin
08-05-2001, 09:54 PM
I believe that you need to know how to manage a business in order to grow quickly. Be careful to use good business practices and not try to grab a tiger by the tale without proper knowledge.

Ssouth
08-05-2001, 10:54 PM
kslawn, Sounds like you should increase you prices on new customers. That would mean more profit and less work and less people just left hanging without a call back. Personally, I think you should return all calls and before going out for an estimate give a minimum $ amount over the phone. Work smarter not harder. All of this I have learned here at LS.

Raise prices, make more profit, work less, and please everyone.