PDA

View Full Version : kubota UDT or Super??

haybaler
04-25-2007, 10:21 PM
OK, I know this has been discussed endlessly, but please help me. I have a ZG23 mower and a L4200 tractor. I want to just by one kind of oil for both. Both the manuals say the exact same thing. it says use UDT or Super UDT. It doesn't give any spesific reason for using Super over regular. I know some people say use The super when it's colder out or if you have hydro (I have GST, same thing). My dealer doesn't even sell Kubota oil. He sells some generic brand, but he has tractors in there all the time with transmission problems and it makes me wonder. I think the dealers sell whatever oil makes them the most profit. Now there's dozens of oils that meet the UDT specs, but only a couple that meet the Super UDT. Without getting into a brand war here could you please give me a reason for spending the extra $$ to buy the super.

unit40
04-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Buy the iol that meets the super udt specs and you should be fine. Some trannys need the "lighter" oil. My deere is the same. They specify Low visc. hy-guard, not regular hy-guard. I had some Kubota super udt and put it in my deere.

haybaler
04-25-2007, 11:27 PM
But there not specifying one over the other, that is my problem and question. I believe there the same weight oil at operating temp, but the semi-synthetic would be lighter at startup.

unit40
04-26-2007, 07:44 AM
They are different specifications as far as the oil. Your machine has got specs, usually regarding the ambient air temp. it will be operating under

haybaler
04-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Buy the iol that meets the super udt specs and you should be fine. Some trannys need the "lighter" oil. My deere is the same. They specify Low visc. hy-guard, not regular hy-guard. I had some Kubota super udt and put it in my deere.

How much is the low visc. hy-guard per 5 gallons?? the regular hy-gaurd and Kubota Udt are almost identical specs. I couldn't find the specs for the low visc.

unit40
04-26-2007, 04:14 PM
No idea, the boss pays for it.

razor1
04-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I'd buy the Super UDT. Some Kubota's have had transmission problems and I wouldn't chance it. My ZD 21 needed a whole new trans. :cry: