PDA

View Full Version : Compact tractor

leaflawnandlimb
08-05-2001, 10:52 PM
Just curious as to what kind of tractors some of you use? Looking to buy a new one with loader possibly with a back-hoe. Also need to have a tight turning radius and four-wheel drive.

crazygator
08-05-2001, 11:03 PM
At the Expo in Louisville I saw the New Holland tight turning radius tractor. Really cool looking and it was a really tight radius for a tractor. They had it set up to run a small coarse doing figure 8's. You might need to look at it, although I do not know the cost. But I do know it wont be free. Darn!

Sammy
08-06-2001, 01:16 AM
My brother bought the New Holland Boomer 35 last year. Cant say nothing but good about it. :D

stslawncare
08-06-2001, 02:32 AM
i agree about new holland, never operated but heard nothing but good. also kubota is good. that i have operated and very very pleased, very easy to operate, good turning radius, 4 wheel drive, easy attach loader, and has backhoe option.

morturf
08-08-2001, 12:15 AM
i have a place for you to go and get all the info you ever wanted about compacts......try www.jplan.com this site is the best for info on compacts. People there are very cool. I own 2 JD compacts. I like them both, they are very good machines to own. I have owned quite a few of these....let me know if you would like some more info....happy to help if i can.

HBFOXJr
08-08-2001, 08:22 AM
I own a Ford 2120 which is now New Holland. Has a loader which works well. Tough tractor that is nice to use.

My dealer here is now putting Woods loaders with quick detach buckets and a self leveler. The self leveler prevents bucket rollback as you raise it minimizing spilling.

Lawn Services
08-08-2001, 08:43 AM
I bought a new holland tc 29 29hp w/6ft finish mower 13,000
best machine i have ever had its a 4x4 they have a very good turning raduis for about a grand and a half you can get the front axle of the tracter to turn also and that makes it turn as if you where hiting one side of the brakes without even touching them:D

Scag48
08-08-2001, 05:01 PM
I'm gonna say either John Deere or Kubota. I've used Kubota's B21, but it didn't have enough power :(. From Kubota, I'd either get the L35 or the new L48. From JD, I'd get like a 4000 series tractor, you pick the size. I wouldn't get the hyrdostat though, it's kind of a pain, you gotta keep on the dang thing all day, a little tiring and hard to do over rough terrain.

Pauls Mowing
08-08-2001, 06:05 PM
We run a 1986 John Deere 1050 diesel. It's about 35 HP, 2WD. For what we do, it's an excellent machine. We have a 6' rear mount rotary on it and primarily mow unsold subdivision lots with it. When the mowing slows down, we'll use a 6' box blade for light lot grading after the utility work is done.

Paul

Foz
08-08-2001, 09:09 PM
Depends on what you want it to do. Have a Kubota L3600GST, BX2200, and new L48 & each has it's place. Make sure the dealer you buy from is close & has a good service department. Kubota, New Holland, and Deere are all good.

Sammy
08-09-2001, 03:15 AM
I had my brothers Boomer 35 on the trailer yesterday when I stopped at my John Deere dealer. The sales manager and head mechanic were all over it ! They were asking me what this and that switch and lever were for...LOL...They checked it out for about 20 min. :D