PDA

View Full Version : repaint truck price?

mike lane lawn care
04-25-2007, 11:19 PM
hey guys,
I was waxing my truck the other day, and i noticed that it had a lot of little swirls (barely visible, but i know they're there) and a bunch of scratches on the hood and fenders, the bed is a disaster, but i'm having it rhino lined on may 3rd, so that's fine. Also, no matter how many times i wash it, which has been like 5 in the past week and a half, i can't seem to get all the mud residue from last weeks adventure off of it. my question is, should i send it into a body shop and have them do a complete detailing, and then see what it looks like, or should i plan for next spring to repaint the truck? the body has ZERO rust on it, and has no dents or anything, except for a small dent in the lower pannel on the driver's door, which, i'd have a body shop take care of.

i know a repainting is expensive, but would it be worth it? my family goes to this one body shop that charges a little more than most, but has the best service, and the best work possible. when a body shop does detailing, what do they usualy do? and what does it cost vs. re-painting the truck? i'd just really like to have a jaw dropping, beautiful truck, nothing will ever touch the bed of it, that's what i have a trailer for.

thanks guys
Mike

Dirty Water
04-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Depends on how much clearcoat you have left on the paint.

A good wax job can get rid of those swirls. A bad one will put more in.

Turbo cut
04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
I would about guarantee that buffing that those swirl marks and scratches come out!! I have seen my parents detail cars that have been finely scratched to h*ll and all the scratches came out!!

TriPLandscaping
04-26-2007, 09:11 PM
mayb try to clay bar it?

Petr51488
04-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Why rino it if your not using the bed?

As for the swirls, you'll allways have them. My car has small ones... I never took it through a car wash, ever. I allways washed it by hand. The swirls arent bad, but if you look very close, their there. Every car will have them. Like the guy said.... Wax it. That will get rid of it for a month or 2, just re-wax it.

stuffdeer
04-26-2007, 10:14 PM
hey guys,
I was waxing my truck the other day, and i noticed that it had a lot of little swirls (barely visible, but i know they're there) and a bunch of scratches on the hood and fenders, the bed is a disaster, but i'm having it rhino lined on may 3rd, so that's fine. Also, no matter how many times i wash it, which has been like 5 in the past week and a half, i can't seem to get all the mud residue from last weeks adventure off of it. my question is, should i send it into a body shop and have them do a complete detailing, and then see what it looks like, or should i plan for next spring to repaint the truck? the body has ZERO rust on it, and has no dents or anything, except for a small dent in the lower pannel on the driver's door, which, i'd have a body shop take care of.

i know a repainting is expensive, but would it be worth it? my family goes to this one body shop that charges a little more than most, but has the best service, and the best work possible. when a body shop does detailing, what do they usualy do? and what does it cost vs. re-painting the truck? i'd just really like to have a jaw dropping, beautiful truck, nothing will ever touch the bed of it, that's what i have a trailer for.

thanks guys
Mike

Where are you going to carry grass then? And why are you getting a Liner if nothing will EVER touch the bed? Maybe you should get the trailer lined?