PDA

View Full Version : less per cut for twice a week?

Jeepn
04-26-2007, 03:54 AM
I have to bid on a commercial account that wants the grass cut twice a week. . . I'm just wondering if you would charge a bit less per cut, and if so, how much less. If it makes any difference, it's a decent sized (3.5 acre) property. . . so it would be a real sweet contract to have to top off my accounts this season.

TURFLORD
04-26-2007, 06:11 AM
No. The reason they want it cut twice a week is because it grows alot due to too much fertilizer. You might not have to trim so much, but you will definately be cutting.

RICHIE K
04-26-2007, 06:12 AM
NO way same amount of work

Jeepn
04-26-2007, 06:20 AM
You're sure right about the fertilizer. . . part of the contract is 3x per year fert. I try to tell everyone spring and fall is plenty, but they're pretty insistent on 3.

Roger
04-26-2007, 08:00 AM
You're sure right about the fertilizer. . . part of the contract is 3x per year fert. I try to tell everyone spring and fall is plenty, but they're pretty insistent on 3.

Hmmmm... three applications per year would be considered very minimal here. Most of my customers have five applications per season, many have six.

Is two applications typical for your area?

bohiaa
04-26-2007, 08:05 AM
8 cuts a month, Wow I have never herd of that.... charge them for 8 cuts a month.....

Jeepn
04-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah, two cuts a week from July to the end of October, once a week from May until July. . . doesn't make complete sense to me since the grass typically slows way down when it gets hot in the summer, but it's what they're asking for.

GreenN'Clean
04-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Well id charge them for what they want. I wouldn't lower the price

topsites
04-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah idk about that cut frequency either but my price is based on area because it takes so long to cover the lot, whether the grass needs cutting or not, it takes me 40 minutes to ride an entire acre, see what I mean...

Some folks are like that thou, they'll let you burn the lawn in summer then come september they want it totally redone... Strange, but cheaper it isn't.

If they want cheaper, then cut it according to the lawn's needs, which is likely once every 7-8 days now and then come summer every 8-10 or 10-12... Even sprinklered yards with daily irrigation grow slower in Jul-Aug...

I've had one lawn in 5 years that needed cutting more than every 7 days, the guy overdid it with fert, and he watered the heck out of it, ok...

But whatever, I guess... You still have to charge them, if they want more they pay more.

Billz
04-27-2007, 12:25 AM
are you sure they didnt mean weekly until july and then twice a month until october?