PDA

View Full Version : Exmark is pulling to the left

rhatala
04-26-2007, 07:37 AM
When i'm using the ex-mark metro walk behind the mower seems to pull to the left because i'm always squeezing the right ECS control handle to pull the mower back to the right in order to keep the mower straight. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix to this problem. I tried cleaning the guide pulleys for the wheels, greasing the moving parts and minor adjustments to the steering linkages on each side. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Restrorob
04-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Have you checked the air in the tires ?

rhatala
04-27-2007, 08:43 AM
No its not tire pressure either

95viper
04-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I just posted the same issue in the Exmark forum on this website before I read this. The moderator hasn't posted it yet. I am a first time Exmark owner and have owned it for 12 hours. Although my tire pressures were both at 16.5, my left tire circumference was almost an inch less than the right using a string (one that doesn't stretch) to measure. I pumped the left one up to about 18-19 to match the right. I haven't been able to test yet. I was certain to validate the factory had the spacers on the casters and the axle in the same holes on both sides.

Maybe you can check this too.

mini14
04-29-2007, 01:49 PM
reduce the air in the larger tire

rhatala
04-29-2007, 06:48 PM
thank you for all of your help and i will be sure to update you with the solution that works.

MowerMedic77
04-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Have you checked the wheel bearings? Jack the rear of the unit up and grab the wheel and check for up and down play, I have seen units(not this particular brand, but others) that had the bearing fail on the side of the rim closest to the frame and you could not tell until you got the weight off the unit.

Mark in MD
05-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Could be several things:

Tire pressure
Unevenly worn tires (replaced one but not the other)
Wheel pulley bent slightly wider on one wheel from hitting a curb
Unevenly worn jackshaft pulleys (replaced one but not the other)

Since it's a new mower and you say the tire pressure is even, I'd say it's probably a slightly bent wheel pulley. Check. It you can see the pulley is sticking out a bit at one place, bend it back by pinching it with a pair of vice grips.