PDA

View Full Version : Patching Lawn

LawnBoy89
04-26-2007, 12:21 PM
What's up guys I just got another job the other day but before I start cutting this guy has some ruts in his yard from when they dropped off the hottub. What do you guys think is the easiest way to fix this? I'm not too experienced with this type of work which is why I'm asking. Should I fill it in with some top soil then throw some seed down? What about lime and starter fertilizer? Or would it be easier to fill it in with topsoil then put down sod.

Tell me what you guys think, thanks alot.

start2finish
04-27-2007, 11:23 PM
cost is, in my opinion the deciding factor. What condition is the rest of the yard. How would you rate the landscape. These are things I consider before pitching my solution. if the yard is is great shape and landscaped well. then I would start by figuring sod and pricing that. make sure it is watered well. if everything is average then ask what they prefer

Armadillolawncare
04-30-2007, 03:05 AM
I would fill with topsoil, then lay sod. Water daily for a few weeks. Putting down starter fert is also a good idea.

Bigred350
05-01-2007, 12:04 AM
If its only a few inches deep then just fill it with sand. If alot deeper than that then you may have to fill with sand/topsoil and sod over it.