PDA

View Full Version : "In your own words" contest

kathyu
04-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Here's your chance. Vote now or forever hold your peice!

LindblomRJ
04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
To bad we can't pick two.

I voted.

drelgan
04-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Not the Moose hat--people would think it was silly (sorry). Not a baseball cap--it would be good for a while to keep the sun out of my eyes but wouldn't have my company name, so therefore people wouldn't know who or what was on the cap. But then too, I probably would get a winter hat in the summer. They get dirty and when washed, generally don't come back to same shape. Coffee cup--YES. Got to have my coffee in the morning to get me going. Yes, it would have advertising on it that people wouldn't know what it means, but it wouldn't be out of the truck anyway. But I would remember who I got it from. Yes, the cup will get dirty everyday, but can wash it and it is the same shape--just a day older- like me..

NMS0219
04-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I like the moose hat. Just think of the fun you could have with your new hires when you tell them the moose hat is part of the uniform.

John Gamba
04-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Coffee Cup:waving:

J&R Landscaping
04-28-2007, 08:51 PM
I'll take either a coffee mug or a another hat for the collection.

Uranus
04-28-2007, 09:59 PM
How about choice D. A free t shirt. I would think you would soem better "free" advertisement by giving a t shirt

Sorry I didn't vote. I dont wear fur, most free hats are gay looking, pens get lost, and I dont drink coffee.

RedMax Man
04-29-2007, 06:45 PM
How about choice D. A free t shirt. I would think you would soem better "free" advertisement by giving a t shirt

Sorry I didn't vote. I dont wear fur, most free hats are gay looking, pens get lost, and I dont drink coffee.

Ditto, i'd rather have a T-shirt.

lazyike
04-29-2007, 11:51 PM
mmmmmmmmm coffee.... Depthcharger now thats coffeeeeeee:cool2:

americanlawn
06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm with lazyike........coffee mug. Maybe a free packet of some supercharged coffee too???

thilawncare
06-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Moose hat..
Im from maine... kinda goes i guess!!!
peace and grass to all

Supper Grassy
06-15-2007, 10:12 PM
the pen should go with all

Supper Grassy
06-19-2007, 02:17 PM
when will this "contest" start

John Gamba
06-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Here's your chance. Vote now or forever hold your peice!

Wheres Kathy:confused: another made up person:confused:

kathyu
06-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Wheres Kathy:confused: another made up person:confused:

Hi John.

No, I don't really do make up. I'm here....just waiting for some guidelines from the "powers that be" on how to proceed.

:)
Kathy

John Gamba
06-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi John.

just waiting for some guidelines from the "powers that be" on how to proceed.

:)
Kathy

Ask away:waving:

kathyu
06-20-2007, 04:35 PM
John...you, then, are god? I guess I should have known that! LOL....

Ok, now we have the results, what should I do about contest?

John Gamba
06-20-2007, 04:48 PM
John...you, then, are god? I guess I should have known that! LOL....

Ok, now we have the results, what should I do about contest?

Announce a winner:hammerhead: .

Supper Grassy
06-20-2007, 05:02 PM
announce a winner and set up how people can obtain the item

kathyu
06-21-2007, 10:27 AM
A winner based on what criteria. I can't just pull a name out! Originally the idea was to do a contest somehow based around the "in your own words" column in Turf magazine.
Ideas???

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
A winner based on what criteria. I can't just pull a name out! Originally the idea was to do a contest somehow based around the "in your own words" column in Turf magazine.
Ideas???

You are a girl:dizzy: i'm confused:confused:

kathyu
06-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Why are you confused John? Now you have ME confused *trucewhiteflag*

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Why are you confused John? Now you have ME confused *trucewhiteflag*

i dont know:dizzy: continue

Supper Grassy
06-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Kathyu,
you need to get the poll closed and Say what item or 2 items win, and tell people how they can obtain the item. if this means an essay or something for the colum then thats what it is.

John Gamba
06-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Kathyu,
you need to get the poll closed and Say what item or 2 items win, and tell people how they can obtain the item. if this means an essay or something for the colum then thats what it is.

There it is:weightlifter:

Supper Grassy
06-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Kathyu
contact

Michael J. Donovan

to see if he can close the poll

kathyu
06-26-2007, 04:19 PM
I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats, biting your fingernails, just waiting for the results of the poll..........(insert drumroll here)

And the winner is:

The coffee cup, quickly followed by the baseball cap!

So here's how you win: as you all know, Turf magazine runs a column every month called "In Your Own Words". SO each month, the starter of whichever thread is chosen will receive their choice of either the cup or the hat (or if we are feeling particularly generous, both!)

Winners will start with the August issue! So stand by!

Thanks to all those that voted and played along. :)

Kathy

John Gamba
06-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats, biting your fingernails, just waiting for the results of the poll..........(insert drumroll here)

And the winner is:

The coffee cup, quickly followed by the baseball cap!

So here's how you win: as you all know, Turf magazine runs a column every month called "In Your Own Words". SO each month, the starter of whichever thread is chosen will receive their choice of either the cup or the hat (or if we are feeling particularly generous, both!)

Winners will start with the August issue! So stand by!

Thanks to all those that voted and played along. :)

Kathy

What and where will you be the 4th?

kathyu
06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
What and where will you be the 4th?

WHAT I will be is still a girl (unless of course some unforseeable incident occurs and I am whisked away by the sex change police)

WHERE I will be is as yet undetermined. I think JonP and I are planning to ride the bikes to the Sharon rest area on I89 which is a beautiful Vietnam Memorial. (providing of course it's not raining...I don't like riding in the rain) If you're in the area, you're welcome to join us!

What are your plans?

Kathy:usflag:

Supper Grassy
06-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Lets face it, i am not getting my post in the mag

John Gamba
06-27-2007, 11:10 AM
What are your plans?

Kathy:usflag:

This is sad:cry: I will be in big pine key florida. I will think of you:angel:

kathyu
06-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Lets face it, i am not getting my post in the mag

Go start a fascinating thread and you will! :rolleyes:

kathyu
06-27-2007, 11:54 AM
This is sad:cry: I will be in big pine key florida. I will think of you:angel:

Why is this sad?

Florida huh? Guess I'll count you out for the memorial run then...hehehehe. I'll lay a flower or two in your name though. :)

Have fun!:usflag:

John Gamba
06-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Why is this sad?

Florida huh? Guess I'll count you out for the memorial run then...hehehehe. I'll lay a flower or two in your name though. :)

Have fun!:usflag:

Sad that we will be almost as far apart as you can get. Thank you for the flowers and they(the keys) have an awesome fireworks show:cool2: :waving:

kathyu
06-27-2007, 04:15 PM
We get lame a$$ fireworks up here :(

Maybe we'll just all hang around and get really, really drunk (which for me is about, oh~3 beers) and then bonk each other on the head with the frying pans....

THEN there'll be fireworks! :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

John Gamba
06-27-2007, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=kathyu;1878281]
Maybe we'll just all hang around and get really, really drunk (which for me is about, oh~3 beers)
QUOTE]

Cheap date:cool2: :waving:
I'll get some extra fireworks for you next year when i'm in Pennsylvania:)