PDA

View Full Version : Toro 62" Zero Turn Electronic Fuel Injection

cclc1021
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
When I'm running the mower it sounds like it wants to cut off (almost out of gas sound) but if never does. I checked the gas as well as the fluids and everything looks ok. I don't want to kee running it because I think something major is going to happen. If anyone has any idea or where to begin I would greatly appreciate it.

razor1
04-26-2007, 03:07 PM
I used a fuel injector cleaner in my Kubota Diesel, and it did the trick.
I'm not a mechanic, but if it works, (or not) you're only out a couple of bucks. Any name brand should do.

rdarnell
04-26-2007, 06:52 PM
I just repaired a 52" Ex-Mark that ran fine for a few minutes then choked down and the came alive once again. It took several minutes to duplicate the problem, but the problem was a clogged gas tank screen. On many models (don't know if yours might be one) the OEMs use a stainless steel screened 90 degree elbow which attaches to the fuel line. This thing is really easily clogged with grass or other trash found in many gas cans. As the fuel pump draws gas from the tank, it just pulls the trash into this elbow and effectively shuts off the fuel flow. So sometimes the engine runs OK then bogs down and may even act as if it's coming back to life only to bog down once more. If you pull the fuel line at the carb and stick it in a clear container, you'll be able see if the fuel is flowing as designed. If the elbow is clogged, there'll be little to no fuel flow. This may not be the problem in your case, but if not just file this info away for another time. Who knows.....

pugs
04-26-2007, 09:01 PM
What kinda fuel pressure do you have? That would probably be a good place to start. Check it with just the key turned on and the system primed and then check it while the problem is happening as well.

Is it throwing any codes?

If you go to www.kohlerplus.com and grab the service manual for that engine there is a section I think its 5B or 5 something I forget...basically a whole section on the EFI system. It will have a list of trouble codes and how to access them from the light on the panel.

Could be any number of things...tough to figure it out over the internet I am afraid :(

TLS
04-26-2007, 10:40 PM
You could also try bleeding the fuel system with the Schrader valve. Sounds like you have air in the system.

I'm assuming it's a Kohler EFI and not a Kawi DFI?

khouse
04-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Fuel filter?

cclc1021
05-08-2007, 02:10 PM
First I would like to thank everyone for replying to my post. I tried the fuel injector cleaner and now it doesn't do it as much. Next I will try bleeding the lines as soon as I get a chance.

khouse
05-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Have you changed the fuel filter yet?