PDA

View Full Version : Spraying in the rain/floods

americanlawn
04-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Our local TruGreen branch is just north of us, so we see their trucks drive by our location everyday going to their routes.

After 5 inches of rain during the past 3 days, today we saw their lawn applicators treating lawns that had pools of water on their lawns.

TruGreen was spraying liquid applications on these lawns -- in the rain and on pools of water.

Flooded out streets plus road closings. Rising rivers that will not recede for several days here.

We chose only to run estimates (at best) today -- this is how we found what TruGreen was doing.

Question: What is your oppinion of this?

Victor
04-26-2007, 07:22 PM
I really disgusts me that they handle their business that way. It makes honest businessmen like us look better though, because while it may be hard to tell at times, customers DO notice things like that. With all the pallets of fert you go through each round, it sounds like you're almost as big as they are Buddy. Don't you work too hard out there. I'll talk to you later. :)

sprayboy
04-26-2007, 07:56 PM
It's the end of the month, they have to hit their numbers.

And you thought the postal carrier was the only one that didn't miss work. They are as dedicated as the post office.

Shades of Green LService
04-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Saw a TG "Tech" aerating in a f'ing downpore. Also it was the 2nd day of a 3-4 day rain period.

Nathan Robinson
04-27-2007, 11:10 PM
I would go and knock on there doors and let them know how dangerous leaching chemicals are and let them know they are paying to fertilize the sewer drains. Also make mention that you coordinate with the weather and can offer them a better applicating service. They are not close to being dedicated at all. they are just trying to hit there numbers. Its round 2. That means its broadleaf in that application as well. They will not see much wilting. Dont be above knocking on these doors. They will appreciate it. Not home, then leave a note with your card! Nathan

upidstay
04-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I could aerating in the rain. You'll make a mess, and probably be donating some seeding to fix the tears, but overall won;t hurt anything. Spraying puddles? Just irresposible.

mwaller98
04-28-2007, 11:41 AM
these are the reasons when we do estimates on people who currently have trugreen, we know it's a sale. hopefully they never wake up and do it right because we'll be in trouble then:laugh:

rcreech
04-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Got one for you that happened to me this wee.
TG got on one of my customers this week by mistake and applied (which has been happening a lot lately... have they ever heard of looking at the address before they apply?). Any how, they sprayed for broadleaves and it rained almost all day. They left a note on the paperwork and said that the weather wouldn't effect their treatment. My customer made a copy of it for me.
I contacted my LESCO rep and asked him what they would be using that wouldn't be affected by the rain and he said nothing...and that they were lying to the customer. THIS IS AMAZING TO ME!! Like the customer isn't going to see the weeds not wilt. Who are they fooling.

lawnservice
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
yeah, where would this industry be without lesco, huh?
*sigh*

americanlawn
04-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Too funny. Thanks guys. Vic- how's it going?

Youi guys crack me up! Thanks, I really like hearing from you guys.

American.

Victor
04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Too funny. Thanks guys. Vic- how's it going?

Youi guys crack me up! Thanks, I really like hearing from you guys.

American.

Things are going really well. I'm just trying to whip these new lawns into shape, so I can go out and get more. This weather we've been having sure hasn't helped though. How have things been going for you? :)

lawnangel1
04-30-2007, 12:28 PM
In my area they have adopted a guarentee policy. If there is no visiblel kill on weeds after 10-14 days they will come back out within 48 hours to retreat free of charge. So if a tech shows up in the rain and the customer is concerned he just tells them their guarentee policy. I guess thats the only way they can hit their quotas.