PDA

View Full Version : Boots manifold pics The Final Chapter

Remote Pigtails
04-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Well I finally got back over to the manual indexing valve job from a previous thread. The original service call was the poor pressure on all the zones. You can read the entire story on posts 1-53. At post 54 we have the return of She Shovel and it all breaks down from there. I concluded that because all the zones were seeping water the 30 year old indexing valve had finally gone out and needed to be replaced. After replacing it the problem still persisted. Thanks to Boots I checked the web site of the company (FIMCO) and realized my problem was either less than 10 gpm were flowing through which would keep it from sealing off or too much water thereby not enough pressure to seal it off. The meter was running at about 20 gpm for each zone so that eliminated a constricted DCA. So then I replace all the brass popups with 1804s and used RB rotary nozzles which reduced the gpm to an avg of 12 for each zone. Problem solved. The original indexing valve was never the problem and Henry said after taking it apart looked like it could have lasted quite a while longer. The customer was thrilled with the coverage. I explained the whole thing to her and took 300.00 off the first bill and will charge her for all the head replacement.

Mike Leary
04-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Glad to see that one sink into the sunset...I've never seen the indexing valve
before...is it still used? Don't forget to save the brass for yearly trip to the
junkman...it should buy some Lawn/Buckner beer!

Remote Pigtails
04-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Glad to see that one sink into the sunset...I've never seen the indexing valve
before...is it still used? Don't forget to save the brass for yearly trip to the
junkman...it should buy some Lawn/Buckner beer!

Apparently they are still in heavy use in FL and they are used quite a bit with septic tanks. Henry gets all the company brass and copper. It's his bonus check.:laugh:

Keith
04-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Rarely seen in the wild, a nesting pair of Fimco hydro indexing valves.

PurpHaze
04-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Quick... add 'em to your birding life list. :)

Their mating ritual is something quite to behold. :laugh:

Remote Pigtails
04-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Rarely seen in the wild, a nesting pair of Fimco hydro indexing valves.

If only they would go the way of the Dodo bird.

Ed G
04-27-2007, 08:25 AM
valves are neatly installed too.

Not at all like that other blue octopus we were shown.

Who was that again? Oh yea, it was 'ole Remote Piggy. If I recall correctly he blamed that job on his assistant.

Wait a minute, didn't you find your assitant while shopping for parts at HD?

I was the guy giving you dirty looks :)

Remote Pigtails
04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
valves are neatly installed too.

Not at all like that other blue octopus we were shown.

Who was that again? Oh yea, it was 'ole Remote Piggy. If I recall correctly he blamed that job on his assistant.

Wait a minute, didn't you find your assitant while shopping for parts at HD?

I was the guy giving you dirty looks :)

Edward-I did not blame him. I defended him. His glue job was fine. We don't have the luxury of putting things above ground like you folks in the sunshine state.

PurpHaze
04-27-2007, 09:12 AM
We don't have the luxury of putting things above ground like you folks in the sunshine state.

Everything in Florida has to be above ground... water table is too high. :laugh:

Remote Pigtails
04-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Furthermore I did not find him at HD, I rescued him from HD.

bicmudpuppy
04-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Somehow, you just KNEW a comeback from Ed was comming. Ya didn't know when, and you were not allowed to guess where, but there it was. Very classy shot Ed :):gunsfirin *trucewhiteflag*

Remote Pigtails
04-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Somehow, you just KNEW a comeback from Ed was comming. Ya didn't know when, and you were not allowed to guess where, but there it was. Very classy shot Ed :):gunsfirin *trucewhiteflag*

Nah it was weak. Good comebacks have a factual base. Of course since I'm the recipient what else would I say.:hammerhead:

PurpHaze
04-28-2007, 02:46 AM
Nah it was weak. Good comebacks have a factual base. Of course since I'm the recipient what else would I say.:hammerhead:

Take it like a man... not a Mass kindergartner. :laugh:

mikecaldwell1204
04-28-2007, 09:06 PM
All the more reason I hate Florida:dizzy: