PDA

View Full Version : What kind of mower???

MOWEMJEFF
04-26-2007, 08:44 PM
I plan on buying a new mower within the next month. I was thinking a 36-42 inch walk behind since 75% percent of my lawns are small residentials I don't bag. A ride-on is not out of the question if I can get a good deal but I feel a walk-behind is more universal and a better fit for a majority of my accounts. Any suggestions on what brand/type of mower if I were to buy new while not breaking my bank. I've mostly used Walkers before going solo but i don't need that much machine and would take forever before I was turning a profit again not to mention I'm paranoid of buying used(everyone will tell you its worth it). Any feedback on what you've had luck with and what you've had bad luck with will be greatly appreciated thanks.

My local dealers specialize in Walker, Ex-Mark, John Deere, Husquavana, Toro which would make servicing easy.

EngineeredLawns
04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Check out the Quick 36 or 44. Nice mowers

razor1
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Have you looked at the Lesco walk-behinds, I here they are pretty good.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
04-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Nothing wrong with the choice of mowers there,not sure of the husquavarna.What you want is great and dependable dealer service!:waving:

MOWEMJEFF
04-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I know the Quick 36 is the least expensive and it is also the smallest. My lawns are really small so a 36 inch should be plenty of mower for the time being but is it a solid mower? I've read a few gripes about the single hydro and the 3 blade design. Financially it makes the most sense I'm going down to see my local dealer to see if they'll service it today and what they think. I'm only going to be using it on about 5 yards at first but with it I won't be shy about taking on bigger and more prosperous accounts.

MOWEMJEFF
04-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Well after reading that Quick 36 thread I'm definitly leaning that way. Too many good reviews and not a single complaint. Hopefully I'll be ordering it inthe next few days since mowing season in Maine is about a week away from being full time and I can't wait for some more cash flow.

C&K
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Well after reading that Quick 36 thread I'm definitly leaning that way. Too many good reviews and not a single complaint. Hopefully I'll be ordering it inthe next few days since mowing season in Maine is about a week away from being full time and I can't wait for some more cash flow.

Let us know how you like your Quick 36. I want to get one myself. Can't justify it this year. Maybe next season.

hackitdown
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
if there is any way you can justify spending the extra $$ on an Exmark ZTR, you may want to consider it. It only takes a couple of accounts to pay the monthly payment. You will be much happier in the long run.

MOWEMJEFF
04-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Ok I'm officially back where I started with no idea on what to get. I don't even have a ride-on and I was thinking a walk-behind will help me turn a profit this year before I upgrade to a walker next year and turn my WB into a back up. I don't want to spend a fortune.....I need one ASAP the slow winter killed me and the only storms we had were big and I broke one of my snowblowers so I had to dump money into that....I need something ASAP

MOWEMJEFF
04-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm thinking of just geting a toro tractor from home depot for $1400. This will get the big lawns done and I'll have it paid off which is a huge plus. The only downfall is its not commercial but if I can get a summers worth out of it and sell it next spring for 800. I'm already making payments on a truck and credit card payments for some other small tools and blower. I still gotta look around tomorrow is dedicated strictly to finding a mower unless it decides to stop raining and I can finish my spring clean ups. I've been online for about 6 hours now and have more questions now then when I sat down.:dizzy: