PDA

View Full Version : Parking lot

cuttenup
04-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Im looking for something that I can spray on a gravel parking lot that will kill everything there. Most of what is there is grass and weeds that is about 3-4 inches tall and has just taken over. The local Co-op told me to use Pramital with a little round-up mixed in to make it go a little further. Will this work or do I need to use something else? Thanks

turfsolutions
04-26-2007, 10:49 PM
QuikPro roundup seems to work well for me.

MStine315
04-26-2007, 11:29 PM
High use rates (5-10 oz./M) but does a great job. Should stop nearly all vegetation for a season or more. But,...are there any trees or other desirable vegetation nearby? It WILL move laterally, especially in wet weather, and it will be taken up by roots in the treated area, so if there are tress nearby where roots could be in the treatment area, use appropriate caution.

heritage
04-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Im looking for something that I can spray on a gravel parking lot that will kill everything there. Most of what is there is grass and weeds that is about 3-4 inches tall and has just taken over. The local Co-op told me to use Pramital with a little round-up mixed in to make it go a little further. Will this work or do I need to use something else? Thanks

Pramitol 25E will be fine and you do not need to add anything to the mix.

Be sure that any water runoff from the lot, will not pass any tree or shrub/plant roots, as it is sure to kill them. I remember some years ago at a seminar, a picture of a sprayed curbline had been treated with Pramitol for season long control of weeds/grasses.......The street trees between curb/sidewalk had all died.

If there are no trees or plants near the lot, go for it...Very cost effective and long lasting.

Pete D

Shades of Green LService
04-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Razor- 41% Glyphosate and half the price of round up. Which is the same AI.