PDA

View Full Version : First Customer

WannabeLawnMan
04-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Okay, the phone finally rang! I passed out 387 Door Hanger Brochures today out of 2,000 and one customer I was able to talk with in person called me and wants to start weekly service. The lawn service pricing I am good with, however initially, this customer also wants shrubs and pampass grass trimmed. What do you guys charge for that service. The shrubs I will just trim back, but the pampass grass usually get cut way down doesn't it?? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

mcwlandscaping
04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Estimate # hours it'll take and multiply it by labor rate....then add in dumping fees, travel time and other expenses

WannabeLawnMan
04-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Thank you for the info. I won't tell you what I charged her, but I will say she got an awesome deal! But I will know better next time. Thanks again.

americanlawn
06-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Congrats dude! Soon you will be growing more, so eventually you will have to make decisions as to what services you will want to offer. Manpower/base of operation/equipment, etc will soon become concerns for you (I hope). Sounds like word-of-mouth might be your best option right now until you expand. Good luck, americanlawn

BlueShieldLawnCare
06-30-2007, 07:21 PM
That's how we're learning, too... as we go. When we give a rate and a customer says "REALLY? That's ALL?" we know we bid too low! And that was when we thought we were over charging bc we didn't really want that one! You live, you learn, and then you mow more grass!

Uranus
06-30-2007, 07:55 PM
My first year I was a touch on the low side for the first 10 lawns or so. Then I figured since I was landing most of my estimates that I might be low. I then raised prices by atleast $5 per cut and was getting a little more than half of the lawns I estimated. Once I had 2-3 days worth of weekly mowings I raised my estimate prices again. I was landing some lawns that were taking 30 minutes to take care of and making $60 per cut.
Just dont bid low on all you lawns. Come winter time you will find you will have no money in the bank and HAVE TO find a job to carry you through the winter. Good luck.