PDA

View Full Version : Help for first install

Mike33
04-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Im buiding a new home and wanted to install a system for my self. Where do i start and where to purchase no one in my town installs. Im a prof. landscaper but never installed a system before. Any help would be appreciated.
Mike

PurpHaze
04-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Start here http://irrigationtutorials.com/ as it will give you a decent understanding of an irrigation system.

You may want to have someone design the system for you and then you install it. They'll figure out the basics (PSI/GPM) and go from there.

Check your yellow pages for an irrigation supply house in your area. Many of them will design the system at no/minimal cost if you purchase your materials through them. Although most forum members could put in a pretty decent system buying parts from the local Home Depot or Lowe's you'll get a higher quality product through the supply houses.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-28-2007, 07:58 AM
ohhh boy another homePwner special..

::prays::

Mike Leary
04-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Honestly, I would'nt take it on alone, even w/a "design" (Big box type).
I've done many for people who will do their own trenching & gofering, but I
supply the parts (which means I warranty them), I install the P.O.C. & all
valves, hang the clock, etc. & if the homeowner has some smarts, I let them
glue the laterals only (& let them know where my install warranty ends)
You'll have a pro system with your sweat equity.

Mike33
04-28-2007, 04:25 PM
ohhh boy another homePwner special..

::prays::

Is that at me or the system that was mentioned?
Mike

Mike Leary
04-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Mike

Judging from the recent chaos....I would not take anything personally from
this member.

Remote Pigtails
04-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Mike

Mike ignore him. Most of us do. O'Leary gave you some good advice. Check out the tutorials purp suggested.

Mike Leary
04-28-2007, 04:41 PM
'Tails....Have you thought of designing/building a enclosure for those cool
units of yours?

Remote Pigtails
04-28-2007, 04:50 PM
'Tails....Have you thought of designing/building a enclosure for those cool
units of yours?

That has been one of my goals. TRC sells their side mount door separately to allow for other connectors to be installed. I've been looking for a waterproof seal that doesn't jack the price up to much. Most of mine are installed in garages so it is not too much of an issue but yes I am trying to work on that aspect. Having it loose allows for easy connection to the Rain Master without an extension. If you have any ideas that might solve this issue and keep it affordable for the irrigation masses let me know.

Mike Leary
04-28-2007, 05:04 PM
I will think on it......I don't like them loose..but understand.

Mike33
04-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone as you can see how many posts i have made i am prof. however i mainly stay in hardscaping, and commercial landscaping forums. I am always willing to share my knowledge with any one who asks. Thanks again i will check out these sites for my project.
Mike