PDA

View Full Version : Best walkbehind for the money?

fire228
04-27-2007, 11:24 PM
I am looking for a walkbehind mower with a 36"-48" cut.
What is the best for the money? As usual the lower the better, lol but I dont want junk.

:weightlifter:

Nathan Robinson
04-27-2007, 11:26 PM
you get what you pay for. There are so many now. Go to a lawn expo and demo them. They host lawn expos everywhere throughout the year. Alot of people really like scag.

fire228
04-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Well what company now has the best deals?
I am really looking for prices because none of the websites actually have the price listed..

Vikings
04-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Well I have read and thought and changed my mind back and forth for months about this very subject. Almost when the Quick 36 has me.... they pull me Back in.

I'm buying a 36" Toro gear drive, T-bar. I would try the 48" (price is almost the same) but I don't use a trailer and a 36 will fit in the back of my truck.

Grits
04-28-2007, 02:54 PM
I am looking for a walkbehind mower with a 36"-48" cut.
What is the best for the money? As usual the lower the better, lol but I dont want junk.

:weightlifter:

You have to shop around. There are lots of dealers in and around the Pensacola area. If I were you my first stop would be at Seville Lawn Equipment. Very nice store and Exmark dealer. The last time I was there they had lots of mowers on-hand. You will be able to check out the differences in belts and hydros and z-turns.
When I was in the market for a new mower, I went on every manufacturers website and found the dealer in this area. Then I went and visited each one of them. It gives you a feel for dealer support when you visit all of them. Some are jerks and some are very cool. Jim at Seville was the coolest. Although I did not buy from him. I should have and I will be buying my next mower from him. Also, you don't have to buy new. Check the American classifieds, they have commercial mowers in there quite often.

fire228
04-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Went down and saw Jim at seville and left with a new 48" Belt drive walk behind Exmark!

Jungle wheels and all out the door for $3200

:cool2:

mountianview
04-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Im with viking wanted the quick, wasn't meant to be,turbo force deck etc the 36 toro is coming home next wk.had to settle for pistol grip control got a GRANT,discounts on toro and john deere got me hooked up with them ,no complaints.$ 10,000 IN EQUIPMENT iM OFF AND RUNNING.theres a new dog in town, looks like a french poodle ,bites like a malinois .Im off and running !

topsites
04-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Whatever you do, get a Toro with T-bars, if you look long and hard you should be able to find a used one in the 5-6 y.o. range for around a grand to 1500, that's what I would do is buy used.

Or you can just get the new 48" fixed deck, but it's no toy, the fixed deck has a learning curve on top of the regular curve, I started with floating decks and upgraded a year later, fixed decks definitely take extra skill but they are the razor's edge, master a fixed and you can cut any lawn.

mountianview
04-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Tell me more on the fixed deck problems and tricks.

lifetree
04-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Went down and saw Jim at seville and left with a new 48" Belt drive walk behind Exmark ! Jungle wheels and all out the door for $3200.:cool2:

Sounds like Jim is both a good guy and good salesman.

Grits
04-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Went down and saw Jim at seville and left with a new 48" Belt drive walk behind Exmark!

Jungle wheels and all out the door for $3200

:cool2:

Good for you!!!!
Did you talk to Jim? He's a pretty cool old guy, ain't he. Sounds like he gave you a good price too. For your trimmers, edger, and blower, you should come over to Gulf Breeze to the Tool Shack. They are an Echo dealer. Ask for Colton...tell him Casey sent you. He will hook you up. I have known Colton for a long time.
Also, tell him that you want the same trimmer that Casey has....it's awesome and I know he has it in stock.

Conrgrats on your mower!