PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat's new Telehandlers!

Scag48
08-07-2001, 01:46 AM
Hey guys! Just thought I'd ask to see if any has tried Bobcat's new Versahandlers. My local rental yard just got one (VS518), I must say it was built nicely, but didn't look to be as big as the others (Cat, Gehl, Dyna-lift, etc.). I suppose the bigger model might be up in the larger machine crowd. Just checkin' to see if anyone has tried one yet! Later guys.

steveair
08-09-2001, 07:19 AM
hello,

I have seen one up close and they look nice. My friend was about to order one, but decided against it and is going with a 963 instead.

Like the rest of them, big bucks though. As for how they run, guess there too new to really get any good feedback. I think theres probably only 1 or 2 of them in the entire state so far.

steveair

eskals
08-09-2001, 11:12 PM
He was looking at a telehandler, but then decided on a skid steer? Two very different machines, I would think.

Eric

steveair
08-11-2001, 10:50 AM
Hello,

yes, two different machines, but he does a lot of odd jobs. He has been doing a lot of big tree work (6 + inch caliper) and needed a machine to move them around with the heavy root balls. He uses a kramer loader know, but wants to get rid of it. He also does a lot new home construction, and figured the telehandler would be a nice addition. However, after seeing the price, he figured he'd go with a bigger bobcat and just rent a fork loader when needed. He has just about every attachment bobcat has to offer, so he also wanted a machine that he could use those on.

steveair

eskals
08-12-2001, 09:17 PM
When I was working in carpentry, the company had two 6036 SkyTraks for the rough crews. What a cool machine. I worked on the finish crew so never got to use it, but I have watched it in action and was impressed. It could stand up walls, hoist lifts of plywood, set trusses, and be used as a mobile scaffold. The telescoping boom makes that machine so versitle.

Around here, the 6036 SkyTrak seems to be the standard of the industry. I rarely see much else.

Eric