PDA

View Full Version : Big Dog Question???????

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-28-2007, 10:53 PM
when can i bark loud?

DanaMac
04-28-2007, 10:55 PM
when can i bark loud?

Not for a long time. You still haven't earned our respect.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-28-2007, 11:03 PM
and your are?

also not to be rude but why would i care/want to earn your respect?

I mean i like to get along with people...but i dont concern myself with how others percive me on an internet message board...I mean honestly....

ITS AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD

Uranus
04-28-2007, 11:14 PM
I mean i like to get along with people...but i dont concern myself with how others percive me on an internet message board...I mean honestly....

ITS AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD

EXACTLY. Bark as loud as you can. I got the same feelings. I'm here for fun. Once in a while I stumble upon something that can help me out, but not usually. Most of the time it is the same stupid stuff. Need a logo, check out my logo, how to advertise, and the famous reply "do a search" or "spell check".

Welcome, and make some noise. F'em if they cant take a joke

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-28-2007, 11:21 PM
ahh a fellow masshole...

sweet brah...

Wet_Boots
04-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Welcome, and make some noise. F'em if they cant take a jokeEvery now and then, 'they' have it right, and the brash visitor has it wrong. No big deal. But just the same, I won't visit Carnegie Hall, and go looking for the mosh pit.

DanaMac
04-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Hey you asked, and I told you. If you don't like the answers don't ask. But your continued babbling is turning us off. If you have real questions, ask. If you have real info to give, give it. If your here to give a bunch of **** to us, and get under our skin, leave. Yeah it's an internet board, but it's also a professional board, not myspace.com. Your youngster homey, peeps, internet lingo is getting irritating. Brah.

jerryrwm
04-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Well said Dana...

PurpHaze
04-29-2007, 01:38 AM
There's also the Off Topic forum that would be more suited to his likes. However, the mods spend a lot of time there. :)

Dirty Water
04-29-2007, 01:39 AM
I happen to be on good terms with a mod or two, perhaps I'll fire a PM over :D

PurpHaze
04-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Suit yourself... maybe he'll cop a feel from Jodi? :laugh:

For me the ignore button is working real sweet. He's still talking to the hand. :laugh:

1MajorTom
04-29-2007, 01:57 AM
ah guys, come on, give me some credit. you think i never check out the irrigation forum now do you?? :waving:

Dirty Water
04-29-2007, 02:01 AM
Jodi, 162 posts in two days.

Can you please send Rotard to the coffee shop or something?

PurpHaze
04-29-2007, 02:02 AM
LOL... You've done it now Jodi. CAPT whateverthehellhisnameis will soon be hitting on you. :laugh:

1MajorTom
04-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Ya, i'm trying to figure it out myself why so many posts.

1MajorTom
04-29-2007, 02:07 AM
LOL... You've done it now Jodi. CAPT whateverthehellhisnameis will soon be hitting on you. :laugh:
You think?? Nah, I don't think so.. after all my name is Tom. ;)

PurpHaze
04-29-2007, 02:09 AM
You think?? Nah, I don't think so.. after all my name is Tom. ;)

Based on what I saw of him before putting him on ignore... I doubt that would stop him. :)

1MajorTom
04-29-2007, 02:18 AM
you're a funny guy purp, you made me laugh this late at night.
i'll keep an eye on things, can't have the irrigation guys geting riled up.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-29-2007, 09:12 AM
whats myspace..

I think you guys are very nice and serious about irrigation..I also think you are "hard on" noobies....Which is to be expected from a tight fourm like this.I have been prob to forth coming, overly excentric....I apoligize for the 100th time.....Please take my apology to heart on this internet message board..

have a good 1 and dont take the irrigation to seriously have some fun once in a while guys

sheshovel
04-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Jodi, 162 posts in two days.

Can you please send Rotard to the coffee shop or something?

I was unaware of a rule about posting to much on this board. But there is one about intimidation and name calling I do believe. He is not used to professional boards, give him time. He wants to learn.

You see Roto, this kind of board is different. These people do this for a living, it is their bread and butter. You work for someone else so your level of commitment to irrigation is not the same as theirs at all. Purp works for someone else but he has huge responsibilities he has to deal with outdated antique bad existing systems and lousy contractor installations so he has to be committed.
Dirty Water does not work in this industry any longer at all, but he has past experience in it. Most of these guys here have pretty much built their business from scratch and it has taken them years to get where they are and attain their knowledge. That is what you must respect, their knowledge, it's not the same as any message board, they are here to teach and learn.

Remote Pigtails
04-29-2007, 04:24 PM
I was unaware of a rule about posting to much on this board. But there is one about intimidation and name calling I do believe. He is not used to professional boards, give him time. He wants to learn.

You see Roto, this kind of board is different. That is what you must respect, their knowledge, it's not the same as any message board, they are here to teach and learn.

She shovel I have 4 sisters and a daughter and i am constantly warning them about charlatans like this. LEOPARDS don't change their spots. Please don't be an idiot.

Mike Leary
04-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Words of wisdom. Shedear.

sheshovel
04-29-2007, 04:53 PM
char·la·tan (shärl-tn)
n.
A person who makes elaborate, fraudulent, and often voluble claims to skill or knowledge; a quack or fraud.

I have not seen this definition above in the content of his posts yet. He has showed us his work truck and tools, showed himself on the job. He has not claimed to be and expert in anything and he has apologized for his behavior several times. He is a young man acting like young men do.
Believe me Tail's I am a grown woman who has been around the block a few times and I am not being an idiot. I know males much better than you do I bet. I have 7 growing nephews around his age, they all have strong personality's and can be brash and pushy and full of themselves.
He is just a kid, I am certainly not going gaga over him and I was only trying to get you guys to give him a break here. I do not speak for him and I can't control what he posts here. If you feel the need to have him booted out that is your choice.
I stick with my original assessment of this noob, he has potential and he is funny. Just what the Dr. ordered to put a bur under you old irrigation cowboy's saddles. I am deriving great pleasure watching this. Though you know I lurve you all.

PurpHaze
04-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Just what the Dr. ordered to put a bur under you old irrigation cowboy's saddles.

I can think of better things. :laugh:

Mike Leary
04-29-2007, 04:59 PM
O.K....lets open up the lawn/buckners...he's pretty much got the:hammerhead: so l suggest we get on with exploring the mysteries of the
universe.

sheshovel
04-29-2007, 05:03 PM
I can think of better things. :laugh:

Or we can explore this statement...heh:cool2:

Dirty Water
04-29-2007, 05:06 PM
O.K....lets open up the lawn/buckners...he's pretty much got the:hammerhead: so l suggest we get on with exploring the mysteries of the
universe.

Ok, lets talk about mathematical paradoxes.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/3/3/1/33190b5d742626c840d4653650ccb472.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/5/b/7/5b764601548173e8e894926fdda91dd7.png

.999... means the 9's go on for infinity.

This is a good start.

Remote Pigtails
04-29-2007, 05:13 PM
He is a young man acting like young men do.
Believe me Tail's I am a grown woman who has been around the block a few times and I am not being an idiot. I know males much better than you do I bet.

No bets you win. As a business owner he is your worst nightmare. I bet he has a hard working decent boss trying to do his best for his customers. People like this can fool you into getting a job and then spend all their time undermining what you have spent years building. This is why Mike is right about training them yourself so you can avoid idiots like this. Young or old he destroys peoples business' and thinks it's funny.

PurpHaze
04-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Or we can explore this statement...heh:cool2:

Hey She... I've asked you many times in the past to not do that little striptease in public. It's a private thingey. :nono: :laugh:

Dirty Water
04-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Ah, nobody wants to talk Math with me :(

Wet_Boots
04-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Or maybe 1.999999999(etc) equals 2.0

PurpHaze
04-29-2007, 05:21 PM

Uh...................... NO! :laugh:

Wet_Boots
04-29-2007, 05:34 PM
I saw a play (and a good one at that) with Fermat's Last Theorem as a portion of the plot.

sheshovel
04-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey She... I've asked you many times in the past to not do that little striptease in public. It's a private thingey. :nono: :laugh:

Oh Yea! I'm sowwy Purp I shall be a good good She from now on I promise!
I am in shame mode over my chastisement of you in the other thread. Though I still think you should trench into root systems differently.

Dirty Water
04-29-2007, 05:38 PM
I saw a play (and a good one at that) with Fermat's Last Theorem as a portion of the plot.

I have trouble wrapping my head around this one:

In the paradox of Achilles and the Tortoise, we imagine the Greek hero Achilles in a footrace with the plodding reptile. Because he is such a fast runner, Achilles graciously allows the tortoise a head start of a hundred feet. If we suppose that each racer starts running at some constant speed (one very fast and one very slow), then after some finite time, Achilles will have run a hundred feet, bringing him to the tortoise's starting point; during this time, the tortoise has "run" a (much shorter) distance, say one foot. It will then take Achilles some further period of time to run that distance, in which said period the tortoise will advance farther; and then another period of time to reach this third point, while the tortoise moves ahead. Thus, whenever Achilles reaches somewhere the tortoise has been, he still has farther to go. Therefore, Zeno says, swift Achilles can never overtake the tortoise. Thus, while common sense and common experience would hold that one runner can catch another, according to the above argument, he cannot; this is the paradox.

Wet_Boots
04-29-2007, 05:53 PM
That's like trying to say the ball you throw at the wall will never hit it, because it always has to travel half the distance to the wall, over some interval of time.

Mike Leary
04-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Oh boy, we're getting out there now...it's like saying "if all begins with nothing, where is there dust to collect?"

Wet_Boots
04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Here's one for you, by way of Euler. Combining e, π, the imaginary operator, and the numbers zero and one.
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/9745/eulersidentitiyer7.gif

Mike Leary
04-29-2007, 06:58 PM
"Imaginary operator" is what my crew called me!

Remote Pigtails
04-29-2007, 08:08 PM

Well here is a little math: Just bought 8 packs of 9v standard duracells at Costco. Paid 13.39/8 pack.

Wet_Boots
04-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Not bad for brand names. I usually get discount alkalines for a buck a pop, but I think I could confidently (over)charge more for a brand name battery.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-29-2007, 08:17 PM
we charge 5$$ a wack for a batt installed...always alk..but talk about a UP charge!

Remote Pigtails
04-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Not bad for brand names. I usually get discount alkalines for a buck a pop, but I think I could confidently (over)charge more for a brand name battery.

I like the duracells because of the date code. Otherwise it wouldn't matter to me. We do carry a battery checker in our vehicles.

alf51175
04-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Stream Rotor, I bet when you hang out in a bar or some other establishment and somebody comes in and is a loud mouth and acts like an a**, your the first jump his s**t. We're just saying why be any other way than courteous and act like a professional. If you don't like the chatter go some where else, we enjoyed it before you came and we will enjoy it after you leave. Brah

sheshovel
04-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Stream Rotor, I bet when you hang out in a bar or some other establishment and somebody comes in and is a loud mouth and acts like an a**, your the first jump his s**t. We're just saying why be any other way than courteous and act like a professional. If you don't like the chatter go some where else, we enjoyed it before you came and we will enjoy it after you leave. Brah
Ahh a noob giving a noob advice,

Mike Leary
04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
You can post your a..s off & still be a noob:laugh:

sheshovel
04-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I disagre........oh wait a minute.....nevermind.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-30-2007, 07:47 PM

Bars?I dont drink.First off, lets get to know eachother before you bash me for doing nothing but stating my opinion on a public domain...Hi, Im Eddie B,from New England...I enjoy easy installs...Great digging(farmy/sandy loam). dude if im reading your start date corectly you began posting here in mrch...me=april...you=check you facts before coming @ a friendly helpful installer such as myself..

Nice to meet ya...please wake up and hear the water hammer..

K? thanks have a good 1 buddy.

Mike Leary
04-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Time for irrimom to step in.....again...go to your room, both of you!

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-30-2007, 08:11 PM
This site is truly a great place to make contacts and, learn some new tricks about irrigation. I honestly enjoy posting here..I feel bad i came across in the beginning as a pompous jerk...I apologize deeply...if @ all possible i would like to get my user name changed ROTOR....
once again i am humble,enjoy these people immensely...thank you all for letting me to post here...
example A i used spell check here
sincerely,
ED

Mike Leary
04-30-2007, 08:14 PM
You & your buddy are going to have to deal w/ the big posters...they rule.

sheshovel
04-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Now Mike you have to admit he is doing o so much better than before.

Wet_Boots
04-30-2007, 08:36 PM
...if @ all possible i would like to get my user name changed ROTOR....Nahh, "Rotar" is more fun, somehow.

CAPT Stream Rotar
04-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Nahh, "Rotar" is more fun, somehow.

well, i liked it but i was willing to change it for you all..

the way we say rotor around Cape cod country, is just how my name is spelled....Kind of a pun on New Englanda's..

:walking:

mikecaldwell1204
04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Quote:
In the paradox of Achilles and the Tortoise, we imagine the Greek hero Achilles in a footrace with the plodding reptile. Because he is such a fast runner, Achilles graciously allows the tortoise a head start of a hundred feet. If we suppose that each racer starts running at some constant speed (one very fast and one very slow), then after some finite time, Achilles will have run a hundred feet, bringing him to the tortoise's starting point; during this time, the tortoise has "run" a (much shorter) distance, say one foot. It will then take Achilles some further period of time to run that distance, in which said period the tortoise will advance farther; and then another period of time to reach this third point, while the tortoise moves ahead. Thus, whenever Achilles reaches somewhere the tortoise has been, he still has farther to go. Therefore, Zeno says, swift Achilles can never overtake the tortoise. Thus, while common sense and common experience would hold that one runner can catch another, according to the above argument, he cannot; this is the paradox.

In this argument they never tell you which one runs very fast or very slow, nor do they tell you at what speed is considered fast and slow.

Wet_Boots
04-30-2007, 09:06 PM
I remember a classmate who had trouble getting past the fact that 1.99999999999(to infinity) was exactly the same as 2.0 - even after a simple demonstration of that fact. Guy kept scribbling in his notebook in search of some 'proof' that they weren't the same.

PurpHaze
04-30-2007, 11:09 PM
In the paradox of Achilles and the Tortoise...

Put them both in outer space and they'll "run" EXACTLY the same speed and distance as they'll both be dead from lack of oxygen. :laugh:

Wet_Boots
04-30-2007, 11:14 PM
....or the guy who had to employ an aneroid barometer to gauge the height of a building, and did so by dropping it from the roof, and timing how long it took to smash on the sidewalk in front.

alf51175
05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Rotor, I didn't mean what I said in a non-courteous way. Bad thing about the net is you can't percieve the way things are said and the tone that they are said. I was simply stating what I and everyone else seem to have felt by you statements. If you really read what I said and think about it in a nonviolent way then you may understand my point, no need to get mad.

Mike Leary
05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Last I heard, ROTAR is in the hospital recovering from his wounds, not life
threatening tho. I think he understands what thin skins we have & how the
Jackels pounce to protect their own.

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
:)

lawnsite rules, and is full of knowledge..Im glad you all let me be here..

Mike Leary
05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Welcome bak.....ROTAR, you're still on a short piece of poly:waving:

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
as long as that piece of poly is double clamped i could care less of the size mike :)

Mike Leary
05-01-2007, 08:28 PM
as long as that piece of poly is double clamped i could care less of the size mike :)

I used to use clamps before Ford Pack joints happened...&, I have to admit
I was taught to reverse the clamps too!

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-01-2007, 08:32 PM
I suppose it has been drilled into my installing ways....always criss cross the clamps.....I have questioned the practice a few times...cost/time for labor/my future hand cramps...but i still do cause thats what I'm told...Lately i have been working on 3/4 inch systems and i only single clamp the repairs cause its only 3/4...

also i bought a new pair of crimps with the extended handle to help leverage ect...

Mike Leary
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Can't hurt..wha money $ 1.24?...For mainline bigger than 1" 160/200psi poly,
research "Ford" pack joints for poly, pvc , copper etc. Don't have a link.

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-01-2007, 08:48 PM
thanks mike ill look into that.

merci beaucoup

Mike Leary
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
All will hassle you about using "Ford" "oh so expensive", in twenty years,
no failures! Get their catalog......you'll love it!

Wet_Boots
05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
also i bought a new pair of crimps with the extended handle to help leverage ect...Now you put those right back, young man. Extended handles are for when you're closer to Senior Citizen than Senior Prom. If you start with them now, you won't have any upgrade available in the future. :drinkup:

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Now you put those right back, young man. Extended handles are for when you're closer to Senior Citizen than Senior Prom. If you start with them now, you won't have any upgrade available in the future. :drinkup:

WB-I have used them a few times when installing with other peoples Buckets.They are great....The small ones just don't cut the poly pipe anymore...I will still keep the small ones in the bucket but keep my biggins in the truck just incase...

and yes your right they are for old men, but so is wearing knee pads(which i do) and i am about to start wearing gloves for the messy reapairs.Reason being my hands chap right up, which is kind of bogus.

sheshovel
05-02-2007, 02:39 AM
HEY wearing kneepads is NOT for old men! I beg to differ.

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-02-2007, 07:44 AM
HEY wearing kneepads is NOT for old men! I beg to differ.

and old women too...sorry to discrimate.....My apoligies mrs. shovel

Ed G
05-02-2007, 01:10 PM
doesn't matter what sex.

Knee pads always identify the head person.

Joke. I say looky here son, I say that's a joke.

sheshovel
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
and old women too...sorry to discrimate.....My apoligies mrs. shovel

Ok, now you are in for trouble Mr Rotarboy.:cool2:

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-02-2007, 06:05 PM

thats mr CAPT rotarboy...thank you..

:)

sheshovel
05-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Uhhhhhhh nope Mr. Capt pupdog might work though.

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Uhhhhhhh nope Mr. Capt pupdog might work though.

arrrf....arffff

PurpHaze
05-03-2007, 10:57 PM

You may be onto something She. He should change his screen name to Rotard Boy. :laugh:

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-04-2007, 06:19 AM
You may be onto something She. He should change his screen name to Rotard Boy. :laugh:

And yours to" Burn out Junk!e".....

PurpHaze
05-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Iggy, iggy, iggy. :laugh: