PDA

View Full Version : Lazer Bogging Down

creatived
04-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I HAVE A 60" LAZER THAT AFTER I PULL THE CHOKE OUT WHEN STARTING AND PUSH CHOKE ALL THE WAY IN AFTER CUTTING FOR TEN MINUTES I HAVE TO GIVE IT MORE CHOKE AND PULL CHOKE BACK OUT ENGINE IS BOGGING DOWN CHANGED GAS TO 93 AND MOWER STILL RUNNING RICH CAN ANY BODY GIVE ME SOME IDEA'S BEFORE I PAY THESE MOWER MECHANICS 120/HR FOR CARB CLEANER. THANKS:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Restrorob
04-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Damn....I need to move to New York !!!

Pulling the choke back out after running to prevent bogging is a sign of possibly something getting hot and binding in the deck (spindles/idlers).

If it happens with the deck off it's a possible sign of running lean not rich, In this case the carb. should come apart and all ports, passages and jets cleaned with carb & choke spray cleaner with the little straw, Check fuel tank for trash then flush lines and replace fuel filter.

Restrorob
04-29-2007, 01:30 PM
BTW, Drop the caps lock...It looks like your shouting....

Landrus2
03-07-2008, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Restrorob;1812396]Damn....I need to move to New York !!!

You will be very welcomed here.:waving:

Breezmister
03-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Damn....I need to move to New York !!!

ROTFLMAO ! We have alot of V box salter and snow plows that could use the attention :drinkup: And don't forget your long johns :nono:

Restrorob
03-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks Joe.....

We have alot of V box salter and snow plows that could use the attention

Hahaha, Since when did they start putting gas engines ON snow plows ;)

Haven't never seen snow and the Ole bones say they don't want to either, As for long johns....Got that covered even livin down here ! http://forums.vr-zone.com/images/smilies/biggthumpup1.gif

jkason
03-08-2008, 03:54 PM
... In this case the carb. should come apart and all ports, passages and jets cleaned with carb & choke spray cleaner with the little straw...

Actually, that stuff (no matter who makes it) is not strong enough to clean the gunk and build-up out of the carb.

Get the stuff called "Hydro Seal II" from the Gunk company.
Remove as much rubber and plastic pieces from the carb when disassembling, and don't soak the thing for more than an hour.

Restrorob
03-09-2008, 09:58 AM
that stuff (no matter who makes it) is not strong enough to clean the gunk and build-up out of the carb.

Get the stuff called "Hydro Seal II" from the Gunk company.

I couldn't disagree more with that false statement !

I have been using carb spray cleaners for 31 years with the last 17 as a certified small engine Service Tech.

If you base this statement from trying to clean a carb with Gunk branded spray cleaner then you are correct, Gunk brand is Junk. It's nothing more than mineral spirits in a spray can and won't cut anything.

After 50 miles windshield time (on my day off) and a hour wasted buying a can of this crap I will NEVER purchase Gunk branded products again.

There are other brands on the market, Super Tech from Walmart for one that does a fine job at diluting gum and varnish residue from carbs....

Don't get me wrong, I do have NAPA branded carb soak cleaner. But, 99% of
the carbs I run across clean up just fine with spray cleaners. And another advantage of spray cleaners with the straw is; One can spray through a port under pressure and SEE the cleaner come out the other end and KNOW that port is open and clear. Also, Time is money in a job shop so if a carb can be spray cleaned without completely field stripping for soak that's money in the bank.

One other thing, The average person isn't going out and spend big bux on a can of carb soak just to clean their own (1) carb.....

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, So this is mine from my own experience over the years.