PDA

View Full Version : Help with value of truck, please!!

mudwisr2
04-29-2007, 07:47 PM
I am looking at a 1992 cab-over. Chevy body, isuzu chasis, you know.
*12ft landscape body with dovetail which seemed to be in good shape and well built.
*90,000 mi. on 4cyl turbo diesel *new auto trans. with 12K mi/12 mon. warranty

problems:
*exhaust manifold is cracked and will need to be replaced. he said its been cracked for a while.

*passenger window is plexiglass

*window cranks are stripped and make it very difficult to roll down windows

*A/C doesnt work. Needs condensor

*Floor mat torn

*Driver seat torn

*Crack in windshield

*Needs radio

*Tires are good

What do ya'll think. I am trying to make a decision and really need one of these trucks, just dont want to pay too much for one.
He is asking about $7K for it.

Please help

sdelorey494103
04-29-2007, 08:11 PM
get a pic for it...can you?

vntgrcr
04-29-2007, 10:18 PM
The miles sound suspiciously low. That truck has some issue's. I wouldn't go over $4500. You will find parts for these are hard to find and if you do, expensive. If you get a good one they are great. Just don't put yourself in a postion where all you do is work on the truck, or waiting for the next thing to break. Good luck

mudwisr2
04-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Oh and it also has a sticker above the windsheild from a rental company. I guess it was a rental fleet truck at one time.

The wear and tear on the cab is consistent with it being a 15 yr old Work truck. I think once I fixed the things that needed fixing it would be a pretty good truck. $7K+ just seemed kind of steep, but I have no idea how to judge the worth of one of these trucks.

How much of a power loss would there be from a manifold with a pretty hefty crack in it? I figured there would be a considerable loss, especially since it is a turbo.

mudwisr2
04-30-2007, 09:15 AM
get a pic for it...can you?

Dont have a pic. The truck is about an hour and 15 min from me. I just wrote down the vin and all other info and what needed to be fixed.

Eakern & Dog
04-30-2007, 09:28 AM
I would not pay anymore than $5,500

mudwisr2
05-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I am going to see what he will take for it....reallistically. I dont really know how much the bed itself is worth but I think I would feel comfortable spending $5500 on it.

mudwisr2
05-03-2007, 09:43 AM
The more I think about it I may be better off getting something newer and pay a little more. Not sure though, yet

Fatboy
05-04-2007, 01:38 AM
The more I think about it I may be better off getting something newer and pay a little more. Not sure though, yet

That's what I'd do too, you have to wonder how many other things are wrong with it too. These things that you listed may be just the tip of the iceberg.

Fatboy

mudwisr2
05-05-2007, 10:24 AM
That's what I'd do too, you have to wonder how many other things are wrong with it too. These things that you listed may be just the tip of the iceberg.

Fatboy

True...I pretty well combed over the truck, though. He told me the mechanical stuff and then went over the truck with me. I could easily fix everything on the truck but spending the time to do it is what I would have to worry with.