PDA

View Full Version : Mixing liquid N in spray tank? How much?

ATVracer
04-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I want to mix 28-0-0 or 34-0-0 in my spray tank for the purpose of burning the weeds up faster. How much should I put in a 25 gallon tank that is putting out 64 ounces(man that came out great) of product per K? Hopefully this is the right N% with the 28 and 34%, at least that's what I used when I worked at the co-op 15 or so years ago spraying fields.

Also for the sticker I am going to use dish detergent. How much of that should I be putting into the tank?

Thanks for your helpful answers. I just completed a spray rig for my ztr and it works great. I can spray about 50K per tankful. Much more efficient than using a backpack like I have been!

RigglePLC
04-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I am not sure I would recommend nitrogen as a kicker. Not sure it actually works--and also high risk of burning the grass.
As for the dish detergent--I would use about an ounce in 25 gallons. If you want maximum effectiveness use the highest label rate for your herbicide. And if you want super maximum--use one of the newer more expensive products, (like Speedzone) plus an agricultural wetting agent.

heritage
04-29-2007, 09:16 PM
I want to mix 28-0-0 or 34-0-0 in my spray tank for the purpose of burning the weeds up faster. How much should I put in a 25 gallon tank that is putting out 64 ounces(man that came out great) of product per K? Hopefully this is the right N% with the 28 and 34%, at least that's what I used when I worked at the co-op 15 or so years ago spraying fields.

Also for the sticker I am going to use dish detergent. How much of that should I be putting into the tank?

Thanks for your helpful answers. I just completed a spray rig for my ztr and it works great. I can spray about 50K per tankful. Much more efficient than using a backpack like I have been!

Using 25 lbs of 21-0-0 Ammonium Sulfate would put you @ just over a tenth of a lb. of actual N per 1000. Add 16 ounces of lesco spreader sticker to the mix LAST, after fert is dissolved and Herb has beed added. Keep bypass agitation on if you sit idle mid job. Also re-agitate 2-3 min before spraying another job w/ mix still in tank.

Enjoy,

Pete D.

Nathan Robinson
04-29-2007, 09:45 PM
spraying nitrogen in a low volume will also frost the tips of your grass. Its like highlighting hair.

ATVracer
04-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Should I even consider doing this then?

M.C.L.C.
04-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Probably not.....you would be taking a great risk at burning the lawn, just let the chemical take its course. Might take a lil longer to kill the weeds but atleast you wont be replacing any burnt lawn areas! Speedzone works great or Surge

heritage
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Probably not.....you would be taking a great risk at burning the lawn, just let the chemical take its course. Might take a lil longer to kill the weeds but atleast you wont be replacing any burnt lawn areas! Speedzone works great or Surge

At 25,200 Parts Per Million of N in the Mix I described, Will not Burn The lawn "Low Volume" as long as temps under 85 F.

It's only a tenth of a Lb. N and a tenth of a Lb. S per 1,000 Sq. Ft.

If you choose not to, it's your choice :)

Pete D.

causalitist
07-27-2008, 03:13 PM
my lesco reccomends and most big compaines by me mix 1/10th lb/1000 sqrft
doesnt do a ton, but helps with the short term stress of the herbicide as well as make herbicide more effective.. 1/10th will do a bit for a week or so... just enough instant kick to help kill. not like it costs much.