PDA

View Full Version : planting a Magnolia tree

bobbyg18
04-29-2007, 09:51 PM
i run a small bobcat service...im spreading some loam for a customer and they ask if i can plant a maganolia tree for them...

whats the best way to plant this tree?...Im in the Boston area...thanks

RedMax Man
04-29-2007, 10:26 PM
i run a small bobcat service...im spreading some loam for a customer and they ask if i can plant a maganolia tree for them...

whats the best way to plant this tree?...Im in the Boston area...thanks

I gotta do the same thing for a customer soon, I'm north of Boston. Maybe someone has some tips and tricks. thanks

chunkitron3030
04-30-2007, 01:02 AM
if it is the same kind of tree i have planted at work, which we call a DB Blanchard, some of the guys also call it a magnolia tree. anyways, we normally have ours shipped in to use in a burlap bag with sawdust in it to hold moisture, we just dig out a hole about 2 1/2 3 ft deep depending on the ball size, throw it in, level it, fill in with dirt and then put mulch or stone or whatever we use to pretty it all up....

sheshovel
04-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Make sure you have good loamy well drained soil, dig a big hole, plant it at the same level as it was planted at the nursery, better to high than to low, be careful of the roots. Firm the soil as you back fill the hole, water the soil in a bit when it is 1/2 way backfilled. Finish backfilling, build a berm around it to hold plenty of water around and water it well.