PDA

View Full Version : Is my app of dimension too late?

GreenHor7
04-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I applied dimension between 4/17 to 4/21 and i am from northeastern pa. Is my timing ok. I was going by a program that lesco created for me. People are telling me that i am applying too late. What is the general rule of thumb.

tremor
04-29-2007, 11:18 PM
You should be OK. Is Crabgrass starting to show on the edges of untreated turf in your area yet? I saw crabgrass in the single leaf this weekend in Wallingford, CT but a light frost would still be possible so it doesn't really matter much.

Dimension at .25 lbs AI/A right now would take out the crabs I saw anyway.

Nathan Robinson
04-30-2007, 12:03 AM
your good.

Fertboy
04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm in Maryland and have seen some single leaf crab in HOT spots along curbs / road. I applied 13-2-5 .15% @ 2.75lb /1000 on a few lawns last week and will check them out on fri had a good rain over weekend. Dimension works fairly well as a post on baby crab. You should be alright.

I made a cool tool to apply pre to hot spots this year . It's a shaker for applying powdered sugar. It's about the size of a coffee can, you squeeze a handle and the sugar drops through a screen. I ripped out the screen and tack welded a larger mesh in bottom. I carry a bag of 0-0-7 dimension, mini prill and apply extra pre to areas with dead crab, walks, etc so I don't need to apply extra N to a certain area. Takes a little extra time to apply, but works well so far .

Ed

americanlawn
04-30-2007, 10:05 PM
You're in our zone. Our land grant university guys (Iowa) prefer late April for a full-strength crabgrass treatment. Foxtail = a little later.

Good luck.

indyturf
04-30-2007, 10:42 PM
your fine, especially with dimension since you will also get some post emergent control.

UpNorth
04-30-2007, 11:08 PM
your fine, especially with dimension since you will also get some post emergent control.

DITTO!! Your fine!!