PDA

View Full Version : Wiring problem with truck

casco73
04-30-2007, 12:39 AM
I have a dodge ram 2500 4x4 I was out mowing yesterday and noticed the wiring from the trailer to the truck were fried. I installed all new fuses and asumed it was a trailer wiring problem as soon as I insalled the new flasher fuse and started home with out trailer lights the fuse blew again. So now I come to the conclusion that there is a short also my stop light fuse is good checked it with a check light but the brake lights and the turn signals don't work I have a little understanding of electrical wiring but I am no pro can any one help or give me an idea of where to start just starting the season after a very bad winter so if I can at all aviod the dealer that would be great not to mention I have 5 large jobs and lawn service to get back to. You know how it is. :dizzy: :cry: :hammerhead: :dizzy: :cry: :hammerhead: :confused: :cry: :cry: thanks for any help.

topsites
04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
First thing I would do is unhook the trailer wire to truck, reinstall fuse and then check all your turn signals / brake lights, etc (on the truck, w/out the trailer)... If everything works fine now, then your problem is likely in the trailer itself and it's not too bad to pinpoint. If it's in the truck, well then you might have more serious problems but try the procedure first, see what happens.

uhm, I guess it could also be somewhere between the connector and where it's hooked up inside the truck, but again I would see if it's in the trailer first, beyond that I'm not too sure.

casco73
04-30-2007, 10:25 AM
First thing I would do is unhook the trailer wire to truck, reinstall fuse and then check all your turn signals / brake lights, etc (on the truck, w/out the trailer)... If everything works fine now, then your problem is likely in the trailer itself and it's not too bad to pinpoint. If it's in the truck, well then you might have more serious problems but try the procedure first, see what happens.

uhm, I guess it could also be somewhere between the connector and where it's hooked up inside the truck, but again I would see if it's in the trailer first, beyond that I'm not too sure.

yeah thats not a problem the trailer wiring itself from the trailer to truck burnt out so It's in the truck I know its a short I was looking for help maybe even to see if anyone else had any problems like this I ca*lled the dealer and there all booked up thanks