PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Doctor Turf Tamer

lawnangel1
04-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I was watching tv and saw a lawn doctor tv commercial. I just caught the tale end of it but they were talking about there patented application machine called the turf tamer. It looked like it was self propelled, maybe even a ride on, but I didnt get a good look so I maybe wrong about that. Just wondered if anyone had any info or pics on them. They look pretty neat and I would like to know more.

tremor
04-30-2007, 03:26 PM
They are very nice machines but unless you buy a Lawn Doctor franchise you won't be able to buy the Turf Tamer.

What I like most is the fertilizer is metered from the hopper at a rate consistent to the ground speed by a conveyor (similar to some ag spreaders) so if the applicator needs to slow or stop the discharge of fertilizer slows or stops as well.

The liquid sprayer is similar (though better than) those used on other spread/spray machines.

This proprietary technology doesn't come cheap.

Pilgrims' Pride
04-30-2007, 07:59 PM
The liquid sprayer is similar (though better than) those used on other spread/spray machines.

Unless the turf tamer has changed drastically since my LD days,
the sprayers were run on suction from surgical tubes that were wrapped around the wheels.
It not a good day when one of those things broke and weed control started spewing and dripping over the lawn.

those machines could be a pill to work on to as I recall

1turfguy
04-30-2007, 09:04 PM
the lawn doctor guys look like the ice cream man pushing that thing

LawnNeedz
04-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Lawn Doctor makes a self propelled version as well as two ride on Turf Tamers. The newer TT uses a pump coming off of the motor for the liquid instead of the rubber hoses. Talk about machines that are a pain in the but to work on and from the experience that I had when I worked for Lawn Doctor, it seemed like something was always breaking on them.