PDA

View Full Version : Clover stripes

BerksLawn
08-07-2001, 09:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem on yards with lots of shade and mostly clover yards. We have 2 yards like this and the stripes are backwards, giving it a dark color going away and a light color stripe when coming back. Anyone know why this happens?

Steve

Eric ELM
08-07-2001, 09:50 PM
Maybe you can see the flowers best when pushed towards you and then it ends up looking lighter. Not sure why, I don't have lawns with clover all over them to know, but it does sound odd. :(

Scag48
08-07-2001, 09:50 PM
I have one lawn that is mostly clover. I don't have the problem you do, as a matter of fact, I have the exact opposite ;). It is one of my best striping lawns.

BerksLawn
08-07-2001, 10:28 PM
If only i had a Dixie Chopper with double blades then i could make sum awsome stripes, but were using a Yazoo/Kees 48" walkbehind. The last time we cut the one yard the stripes were backwards both sides from the yard but when we went to trim the bushes a few days later it was only that way on oneside of the yard. Could it be because of the amount of sun light and some other type of grass in there?

powerreel
08-07-2001, 11:27 PM
;) Maybe you installed your blades upside-down?