PDA

View Full Version : river stone in beds

causalitist
05-01-2007, 01:46 AM
give me some ideas on how much you guys charge for putting stone in beds
.. its alot of it. i estimate about 6cy.
im used to mulch and dirt, not stone pricing.

if you ask me i think it would be even more of a pain than dirt. i'll be wheel barreling it.

also, i estimate it by volume like mulch .. by the cubic yard... but they sell it in tons. anyone know the rough equivelant? like a 4 yard truck full is bout 6 tons.. or some rough est like that. ???

any random thoughta about stone in beds and how much longer it takes compared to other things.. pricing etc. thanks alot.

causalitist
05-02-2007, 03:23 AM
.........................hello?

bobcatnj
05-02-2007, 07:44 AM
river rock takes awhile to install. if you get like a 2-4 in rock you cant rake it so most of it is done by hand.

Travel'n Trees
05-02-2007, 07:48 PM
depends om how dense of a rock 4.5 to 6 tons most commonly 1.2 tons per yard. 4 tons should take 20 to thirty minutes by wheelbarrell

HazellLawnCare
05-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Travel'n Trees what do you get per ton installed on the creek rock and any idea what you could deliver some in bulk to me in Marshall, MO for.

causalitist
05-03-2007, 03:55 AM
depends om how dense of a rock 4.5 to 6 tons most commonly 1.2 tons per yard. 4 tons should take 20 to thirty minutes by wheelbarrell

cool, thanks.

i suppose it depends.. if your working out of the back of a truck its alot faster.
1 guy in dump bed thats raised a little, 2 guys on barrels should be 20 or 30 min.
(1 - 1.5 m/h) .. but if your getting it delivered like me, and shoveling it, it at least doubles the time. .. unless your loading 2 barrels a time with a skid steer.

personally, im going to estimate the job for 1 m/h a ton.
i dont care if i get it, i hate stone. i'd rather be mowing anyway.