PDA

View Full Version : Pricing new system

baddarryl
05-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Hi Guys,
Been reading on here for a while and just posting now. Located in SE North Carolina and trying to figure out a general guide for pricing new systems. Just got done reading the thread on flat vs. t/m for materials and learned a lot about pricing theory. I have a system to price and want to be fair, but competitive. Only done one complete system and a fair amount of repair.

Anyway, I have asked trustworthy people in my area about how to price new systems. I realize that there are always variables like sidewalks, trees, materials whatever. Here are 2 things I have been told by people with far more experience than I as a suggested baseline for the average (no such thing) system.

1. $1500 1st zone, $500 per zone after that. Parts, labor.
2. $80 for nozzles, $115 for Rotors. Parts, labor.

I am leaning toward the first because I don't see how you can make money the second way doing small systems.

Competitive, high, low? Thanks in advance. Any help will be much appreciated.

Flow Control
05-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Each market is different, if I got those prices in my area I would be making an extra 100k a year. So we can all give you advice but the irrigators in your area would better know your market. Good Luck. You could price out the first way on smaller jobs and the second way on larger jobs.

Wet_Boots
05-01-2007, 08:54 AM
You could also augment the second method with dollar amounts for plumbing and controller, as well as those aforementioned trees and sidewalks.

h2oman
05-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Guys,
Been reading on here for a while and just posting now. Located in SE North Carolina and trying to figure out a general guide for pricing new systems. Just got done reading the thread on flat vs. t/m for materials and learned a lot about pricing theory. I have a system to price and want to be fair, but competitive. Only done one complete system and a fair amount of repair.

Anyway, I have asked trustworthy people in my area about how to price new systems. I realize that there are always variables like sidewalks, trees, materials whatever. Here are 2 things I have been told by people with far more experience than I as a suggested baseline for the average (no such thing) system.

1. $1500 1st zone, $500 per zone after that. Parts, labor.
2. $80 for nozzles, $115 for Rotors. Parts, labor.

I am leaning toward the first because I don't see how you can make money the second way doing small systems.

Competitive, high, low? Thanks in advance. Any help will be much appreciated.

The first one will work if you are doing only frony yard install. The second is more what the contractors are charging around here (Holly Springs, Apex, Morrisville, Cary, Wake Forrest, Etc.) But our market is $100 per nozzle, and $135 - $150 per rotor depending on how many you install + Plumbing + Controller. Hope this helps. Talk to Your Distributor (Smith Turf Irrigation, Simmons Irrigation) They can help you out in your area better than me.