PDA

View Full Version : Aussie franchise coming to the USA

southside
08-08-2001, 09:26 AM
Franchise here called "Jims Mowing" are looking at starting up in the US. Apparently they have 1500 franchisees here and have
got 40 in Canada. And now they are coming to America!
Great if you like buying yourself a job.

:blob4:

Scraper
08-08-2001, 09:35 AM
I bet there are already at least 20 "Jim's Mowing" here in Philly...now you mention it...there are probably 20 "Tom's Mowing" here as well....:laugh:

Name recognition will be the only problem....

MJ
08-08-2001, 10:05 AM
Just wondering - Could the Australian company register the name "Jim's Mowing" and force the locals to change their company names? They would then benefit from already established name recognition.

Finecut
08-08-2001, 10:19 AM
Southside,

Tell Jim that they will run a distant second to "Jose's Mowing"...it seems like that franschise is growing leaps and bounds on a daily basis.

Richard Martin
08-08-2001, 03:27 PM
MJ wrote:
Could the Australian company register the name "Jim's Mowing" and force the locals to change their company names?

They would have to sue each and every one of them individually. And if the local "Jim's Mowing" is a <i><b>real</i></b> established company with letterheads, business cards, registered to do business as etc. there is little chance the Aussie company would win. You do not have to officially register something to have a copyright on it. You just need to prove that you made it known publically that you are that company and you did it before the other guy.

Twotoros
08-08-2001, 05:07 PM
Not only do we have a jose's lawn care here we also have
a hose B,hose C, hose D, and E-V. They are of coarse giving me the hose.

crazygator
08-09-2001, 12:10 AM
Well I guess I better "put another shrimp on the barby".
NOT!

Sammy
08-09-2001, 02:57 AM
I think I saw a Jims Mowing booth at Expo.:eek:

JJ Lawn
08-09-2001, 07:00 AM
You can read all about him here:

http://www.jims.net/index.html

The guy has his fingers in a lot of pots.

Jim

southside
08-09-2001, 07:25 AM
Be interesting to see what they do about the other Jims in the US.
When you buy a franchise you get a trailer,mower,trimmer and
blower. You then get an area of operation with customers refered to you from a central number. Jims here is huge. Also have Jims
Tree lopping , Jims Cleaning and god only knows what else.
They tend to concentrate on the residential jobs and leave the
commercial stuff alone.

guntruck
08-09-2001, 07:36 AM
Amazing how many areas this guy is involved in!!!!! I bet there all top notch high quality too. Seriously though thats a feat in itself I wonder how long he's been around?

SCAPEASAURUSREX
08-09-2001, 08:02 AM
????? What ?????

Check out that web site listed a few post's above.. Blind cleaning, alarms, DOG WASH... According to the web site he started in 1982... Very interesting. Nice trailer ! But what's with the little itsy bitsy mowers ??? The site also said they were in the US already... Havn't seen any yet ...

powerreel
08-09-2001, 10:13 AM
Which way does the water swish when Jim flushes the toilet?

racerdave
08-09-2001, 11:35 AM
Would you have to buy right hand drive equipment. You reckon the striping would be backwards?

Racerdave TM

GilbertJT
08-09-2001, 01:48 PM
No wonder Jim is looking for help with all those different business's he must be one busy Jim. :)

GreenQuest Lawn
08-10-2001, 12:46 AM
I got a letter today from "weed man" francise. Anyone else get theres?

Old Guy
08-18-2001, 05:16 PM
I got a letter today from Weed Man. Seems they have a "sub-franchise" for Michigan, Indiana and Kentucky. Web site is www.weed-man.com :confused: