PDA

View Full Version : misting systems

dbankspc
05-02-2007, 08:59 AM
We're thinking about offering mosquito misting systems as another service. Does anybody here install them? Seems to be a growing business down here in the South.

bugpage
09-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Mosqito Mist Systems are a very popular method of controling mosquitoes. It is an effective way of automatically controlling them too. EPA has been reviewing them and has finnally give the OK for Mosquito Misting Systems. There a a few well known insecticide manufacturers that are producing product that are labeled for use in these systems.

bugpage.com

mdlwn1
09-21-2007, 01:49 PM
I have one. 28 acres one bite all year. I would throw it away if I could. If your market demands them...I guess your not to blame for installing them. No lady bugs or predetory wasps on 28 frikkin acres. Havent seen this in 20 years outside...and guess what else...ridiculous mite problem..lace bug problem..borer problem.....every tree has every insect....hmmmmmmmm. I have been treating for insects and caring for plants for a long time and you would have to see these infestations to believe them. When all is said and done..the mosquitonix system will be just like in the old days when they would irradiate your head to treat a headache

bugpage
09-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Are you saying you have no mosquitoes, but have other insect issues? Did mosquitonix say they would cure all these insect issus with their system?

mdlwn1
09-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Sorry...I was being sarcastic. They work. They work well. They also kill S loads of everything else......Like predetory insects that are ESSENTIAL to a balanced ecosystem. Up here..ladybugs and wasps can kill most plant eaters (except mites)...Now I need rediculous amounts of other chemicals as well.

ampeg76
09-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Sorry...I was being sarcastic. They work. They work well. They also kill S loads of everything else......Like predetory insects that are ESSENTIAL to a balanced ecosystem. Up here..ladybugs and wasps can kill most plant eaters (except mites)...Now I need rediculous amounts of other chemicals as well.

interesting, what is the common A.I. in these misting systems?

mdlwn1
09-21-2007, 08:57 PM
It had been filled with pyrethrin...now its a mix of oils..lemon.mint. rosemary and something else...not sure. I don't really know if the oils are going to work just yet, but they do fry the plants pretty good.

bugpage
09-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Most user find that when the system is set to spray at night and early morning hours it kills the breading mosquitoes yet they still have benefitial insects. The bees, butterflies, etc are still there because the spray is misting at times when those insects are out and about. Pyrethrum when used should biodegrade in 20-50 minutes so that the beneficial insects aren't harmed. At least this is the feedback I have always gotten.

dbankspc
09-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Thats what we've been told, after dark and before sunrise. All the companies we've talked to still use Pyrethrum, by the way.

bugpage
09-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Not sure what to say about that. The misting systems owners we know aren't having that problem. Wish I could have better advise.

bugpage
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Any body out there offereing misting systems in there product line? If So, how has business been this year?

bugpage
11-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Automatic misting systems not only work well in back yards for mosquito control, they work really well in horse stables and are easy to install. That is the market in which misting systems started in, back in the 70's. More for fly control in a horse stable. For those that have a high population of horse stables in their area, it is a good market to explore with misting systems.

foreplease
11-12-2009, 11:32 AM
As Ric pointed out to me in another thread:
Foreplease

Top of the page, look for a Orange icon with MISTING SYSTEMS written on it.

bugpage
11-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Saw that. There are many makers of misting systems out there. www.automist.com is another.