PDA

View Full Version : Momentum vs. Plantains

HydroCutter
05-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I sprayed momentum onto the dandelions and blackseed plantains. The dandelions were gone immediately. The plantains have hardly started wilting. How long should I give them before spraying again. I sprayed over top the weeds, should I have gone below the leaves?

Thanks

Nathan Robinson
05-02-2007, 07:48 PM
It should kill them. I only spray under the leaves on wild violets. Plantain is usually a east to control broadleaf. If your dandelions are wilting the plantain will as well. Let the chemical do its job. Have confidence in the products you use. Momentum is pretty good. Alot of people use it. I am still using a standard 3-way. Have you ever used escalade?

americanlawn
05-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Same here. I think you're talking about Rugle's plantain - there are several plantains. Buckhorn platain is also very common, and it dies faster.

Rugle's plantain takes 3 or 4 weeks to die. Amine 3-ways will kill it, but ester herbicides kill it faster since esters enter into waxy tissue much more efficiently.

UAP's "Chaser" or PBI Gordon's "Speedzone" are both great esters, but they are nearly 3 times the cost of amine 3-way. We like Chaser - it's never let us down.