PDA

View Full Version : Why

Pitbull05
05-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Why is there very little talk anywhere about Husqvarna? I use all Husqvarna equipment and I am very satisfied. Does anyone else use Husqvarna, and what do you think?

ptlawnguy
05-02-2007, 09:24 PM
I am a Teacher/husky salesman at the local Ace/ grass cutter. I think there stuff is great. I own a husky edger, chain saw , snowblower , 21" mower, and just sold my consumer Z for a Country clipper Jazee II. I would have bought a husky if i had the cash but I got my jazee for a song and dace. it had only 10 hours 48" 20 hp Kohler for $3,200 :dancing:
I thing husky equipment is made very well. Their commercial machines are built tough and offer 5 year warranties. I dont know of any others that do that. Most are 2 years and three on the deck and spindles.
I also just realized how much i love that orange powder coating on their Z's. It takes a good bit of abuse to wear off that paint. Thats probably why I was able to sell my old z at such a good price. They shine up very well. I am already seeing signs that my country clipper is going to be loosing some paint.

NMS0219
05-10-2007, 11:03 PM
All of my 2 cycle stuff is Husky. Built like a tank, very reliable. Just not many dealers in my area.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
05-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Only good husky 2 strokes are there chainsaws. Weedeaters/edgers are crap. We also run a repair shop and we hate to work on them & parts cost more. The fuelines constantly break. Mowers don't compare to scag, gravely, exmark, etc. Had a husky sold and will not buy another. All of husky equipment is way over priced.

hornett22
05-24-2007, 11:40 PM
their chainsaws speak for themselves.AWESOME! trimmers are awesome too,starts second pull every spring after sitting for months.never done anything to it repair wise in three years.just gas ,oil,string.even use the brush blade on it.

their blowers are great too.the new ones especially.(redmax)

i'm not impressed with their mowers.the riders seem like exmarks. WBs look like crap.

razor1
05-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I must agree "not many dealers in my area". The only one that I know of is 30 miles away.

Although Husky threw one heck of a pig barbecue last year at the Howard County Fairgrounds. :drinkup: (To bad I didn't buy anything, maybe next year)

thesargent
05-25-2007, 06:38 PM
well i bought a husqvarna 36 inch hydro w/b this year and am totally happy with it. it cuts amazingly smooth and has the ets controls, which are very comfey. it also has the 15 horse kawasaki. the price was 3300.00, why is that overpriced? not bad for a dual hydro mower. i priced a 36 inch exmark, fixed deck, same engine for well over a grand more, now thats OVERPRICED! ive only had the huskey for a few months now with zero problems. but apparently i will have problems according to all the feed back i read on this site. so maybe you could tell me what to expect going wrong with this mower, so i can be prepared.

YellowDogSVC
05-28-2007, 11:22 PM
I like husky saws. I also like Echo and some stihl products depending on the application.

EMTDUCK1984
05-28-2007, 11:28 PM
their blowers are great too.the new ones especially.(redmax)

their blowers arent redmax yet the merger was still up in the air the last time our reps from both husky and redmax came by. husky does use kawasaki engines which are nice but there are so many brands that offer more bang for your buck than husky.

mjohn
05-29-2007, 06:44 PM
i cut a lot of grass @ my church (in New Ken Pa) and Huskys Rock!!!

hornett22
05-29-2007, 11:15 PM
their blowers arent redmax yet the merger was still up in the air the last time our reps from both husky and redmax came by. husky does use kawasaki engines which are nice but there are so many brands that offer more bang for your buck than husky.

even if the merger isn't complete,redmax makes two blowers for husky.the BT170 and the BF170.i have two of the BT170s and they kick ass.sticks and pine cones fly across the ground.leaves don't even have a chance.
i had the kawasaki versions as well and they never let me down.can't go wrong with either version.echo and shindaiwa have been left in the dust (pun intended )
echo got left behind decades ago.their best backpack blower weighs as much as a walk behind blower. their trimmers just plain suck.chainsaws are weak and flimsy.shindaiwa doesn't stay together long and dealers are not as plentiful as they used to be.Stihl makes some good stuff but i am disappointed in the 4mix stuff.at least they are starting to copy husky saws.:laugh:

as much as i love husky products,i'm not sold on the mowers.i think for $3300 i'd have bought a used scag hydro.they are made like tanks and have proven themselves for years.time will tell but i have always been a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" this theory never lets me down.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
05-29-2007, 11:25 PM
horntett22: I call B.S. You can't be searious. Husky better then Echo??? Not even close. Husky trimmers even feel cheap and uncomfortable. I Can use my echo 251 all day long with no problems. Look at the fuel lines on a husky trimmer, there crap. We have two sitting in our repair shop for customers right now. We work on husky trimmers 8 to 1 compared to echo. Echo is the best built trimmer, the easiest to work on, and the easiest to get parts for.

Now I agree that husky makes nice saws. And I also agree that there mowers are due for some much needed improvements.

Trimmer Man007
05-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Those of you with experience, how would you rate the Husqvarna 123L and 223L string trimmers? My regular one is having problems with keeping up its revs, it's a Homelite by the way, so I figured I might as well venture into buying a new one.

hornett22
05-31-2007, 10:28 AM
ECHO is gutless and i hate that stupid sheild they have.dumb way to mount it.
i have husky trimmers and they have never let me down in three years.sit all winter and start on the second pull come spring.they are light,powerful and well balanced.never done anything to them ,not even replaced the air filter or spark plug,nothing.just mix and string.
my buddy loves echo blowers for some reason but even he hates their trimmers.he likes the shindiawa but they don't seem to last long.he says it's because he has had them for so long he has plenty off parts trimmers.he used my husky and was impressed.i let his trimmer guy use mine and now he pesters him to buy one.says it's the best trimmer he has ever used.

not sure on those husky models.they sound like homeowners models.i don't use homeowner stuff and i hate curved shaft trimmers.homelite is a four letter word to me.

EMTDUCK1984
05-31-2007, 11:23 PM
echo has a 5 year warranty. and shindaiwa is the best if you have a dealer around ill put them up against any other brand they have one of the best power to weight ratios. yeah they cost a little more and even if you dawg
them out they hold up better than a husky. husky builts homeowner and wanna be commercial equipment thats why they want to buy redmax. i can make any trimmer be a good one if you take care of it but thats just the problem today. im not saying all landscapers but some landscapers dont take care of their equipment at all and they should just stick to buying inexpensive trimmers and replace them when they break. for the guys that care for their equipment though a higher quality is must

hornett22
06-01-2007, 12:16 AM
nothing will last forever with your average lawn service employees.i'm still never buying echo.tried it and it doesn't cut it.shindaiwa was the cat's meow back when they had the t-20,t-25,and t-27.not impressed now,kinda like exmark,all gimmick.red paint does sell equipment though.

left my husky trimmer on my buddies truck the other day,said his guys were racing ouit of the truck to get it first over the echo combi and the shindaiwa 230.says they seemed to do a better job with the husky.i know it makes me enjoy trimming more than i ever did.still not my favorite task but it helps when a piece of equipment is not fighting you.

by the way,it came back unharmed.

rustic
06-04-2007, 09:28 AM
We've used a Husqy 48" ztr since 2002, it's built like a tank and cuts very nicely.

EMTDUCK1984
06-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Exmark And Shindaiwa Both Are Still The Best Imo But There Are Several Other Brands That Will Do The Job Also Imo Husky Do Not Make A Very Well Built Trimmer For The Abuse That Most Commercial Guys Put Their Equipment Through

SOUTHERN
06-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Just bought a brand new Hushy 61 inch Z turn last week, with a 27 Kohler for 6300.00. I got it from a Dealer here in NC and he had about 5 more to sale at that price.It has a 5 year Warranty so I can't see how you can beat that with any kind of mower.

T Total Lawncare
06-05-2007, 11:38 PM
I Tell You What Some People Will Spend An Extra 2 To 3 Thousand On A Mower Because Its What Everybody Else Is Doing And Everybody Says Their Brand Is The Best. All The Big Brand Mowers Use Basically The Same Parts Pumps/wheel ,motors Engines. I Have Cut With Alot Of The Big Brands. There Are Few I Just Refuse To Own. Yeah And You Can Say You Get What You Pay For. But I Tell You Spend 7000$ Plus On A Mower Your Getting A Good Machine, I Dont Care What Color Paint Its Got On It. Dont Beleive The Hype. Husky Is Fine In My Book, And Ive Seen Some Of Those Deals At Ebay From Those Power Equip Stores. You Have To Be Crazy Not To Check Out Some Of Those Deals.

EMTDUCK1984
06-06-2007, 01:50 AM
As Long As You Get Good Dealer Support Thats Great

Pitbull05
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
I originally posted this question and and every piece of my eqiupment that I use now is Husqvarna except my pushmower, which I am about to purchase a new one. I went into the local John Deere store yesterday just to check it out. There were two guys working, and two customers that were together at the counter. After looking around for 10 to 15mins I left and was never ask if I needed any help. I drive 30mins to a Husqvarna dealer and will continue to do so. As far as I am concerend John Deere could not give me anything after my that.

T Total Lawncare
06-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I agree good servive makes the sell everytime. I looked at getting a scag before i bought my husky. And dont get me wrong the scag ztr is a heck of a piece of a eqipment almost overkill on some of the extra steel they put on those things. but if all you can say is we're the best this is the price. you better think again before i start signing anything. My husky dealer practically did backflips and handstands to get me the mower i wanted at the right price. God Bless Him. The customer still means something to some people.

thesargent
06-13-2007, 12:21 PM
thats the other reason i bought a husqvarna w/b, because its the only dealer we have within 2 hours drive. and im still very happy with it, especially since i just got a pro-slide.

John Gamba
06-13-2007, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=thesargent;1841829]well i bought a husqvarna 36 inch hydro w/b this year and am totally happy with it. it cuts amazingly smooth and has the ets controls, which are very comfey. QUOTE]

Can you post a good pic of the controls:)

NMS0219
06-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I just picked up my new husky 21" commercial walk behind today. Wow is all I can say. This mower is way over built for its size

Wet1
07-16-2007, 09:30 AM
I was in a real pinch yesterday when my trusty Shindaiwa T230 finally died (after seven years of hard work) so I ran into Lowes to buy a trimer to get me through the day. I ended up buying a Husqvarna 223L for $260. Any thoughts on this trimmer? If nothing else, I like the fact that it's not any heavier than my old T230, but it seems to have just as much power... if not more. I realize the 223L is homeowner grade (that's all Lowes caries), but I'm thinking about keeping it as there's not much to dislike about it. My only concern is if it will last more than a couple years...

Thoughts on the Husqvarna 223L?

hondab16
07-18-2007, 03:03 PM
I have had a 223L for 2 years now and love it. Good power, light, bump feed works great never had a problem. Wet1, did you use the Husky titanium line it comes with? It's what I use.

Wet1
07-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm using the line now, but I'll revert back to the line I have on hand when it's gone (assuming it works okay).

T Total Lawncare
08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Did this forum dissapear or what?

creative lawns
08-29-2007, 09:16 PM
I Have One Husqvarna Trimmer. Do Not Like At All. The Gas Trigger & Choke Are Thin Plastic.no Low End Torque.i Like Stihl...